Go Uruguay!!!

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by tewky1, Aug 3, 2013.

1. tewky1

tewky1 Well-Known Member

How very enlightened of them!

Yay for common sense!

2. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

Yes, because everyone want to live in Uraguay.

3. tewky1

tewky1 Well-Known Member

Yeah but, no but, yeah but, more of a shift in thinking I am highlighting, rather than a pack up and head to Montevideo deal :) Thats a few Euro states, the US, Mexico and now Uruguay that are pushing forward with Drug legislation reform.

Lots of interesting things to see, like how when they are really skint, that governments all of a sudden become more inclined to move these things along. Moral conviction of meth whore levels!!! Also Ironic how the US is at the front of this movement in some way, when it was their witchhunt against the Hemp Industry that led to the world demonizing something that was normal life for lots of folks for a all of history!

4. ApeCat

ApeCat Human Dubplate

Their prez seems like a real top feller though.

5. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

Rather than where you live tbh :teeth:

IV4 likes this.
  6. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

True we all can't be Canadian.

- - - Updated - - -

The U.S. is at the forefront of many ideas. The problem is we are and have always been a split, fuck up, some what un-educated, and always slow moving society. For example, we have been discussing a universal health care system since 1915, hell we have even come close a couple times to getting it. However, after WWII the private system seem to work and insurance companies solidified enough power to make the idea come true.

The same can be said about current drug laws in the U.S. Keeping drugs illegal is a annual multi-billion dollar industry. My country puts more people in prison than any other country on earth. The people who privately own the prisons make a profit off of each prisoner. So they will give congress and state senates legislation to large monetary contributions to pass longer more extreme prison sentences. More prisoners equal more profit. To meet with the demand of an artificially created mal-adjusted society we then need more police officers, prison guards, technologies developed, judges, and parole officers which mean more jobs and more power to the people who have these kinds of jobs.

Where this country is finally starting to gain ground with these laws is by now almost everybody has been arrested or knows someone who has been arrested on bunk charges. They have seen first hand that the most dangerous part of using drugs like marijuana is not the drug, but the institution itself. I for one am disgusted that human beings can be used as form of commodity in this country. So are many of my country men. Sooner or later my country comes to its senses, and power is taking away from the corrupt.

7. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

no ur a gay

this guy doe... legend

[​IMG]