Gloxxy - Fuzzyface

Gloxxy

I SNORT COAL
VIP Junglist
A Dubstep track I made in a couple of nights work after watching hydlide's tutorials on youtube.

Comments on the mixdown would be welcome as the only place I can put my monitors is 2 inches in front of a brick wall. I think the low end is being enhanced because of where they are situated, maybe?

I don't like the intro so I'm going to scrap it and completely redo it. The main bassline melody is sounding alright but I need to do some work on the drums and sorting the sub out with some notch EQing and sidechaining.

All feedback and constructive criticism is welcome though.

Cheers.

http://soundcloud.com/gloxxy/fuzzyface

Hmm....yeah the intro is a little........dare I say it.......wank, lol!

Nice mellow drum beat though, I like that. Good percussive shakers goin on. BOOM! wasnt expecting that lol! Almost sounds like an electric guitar! If I'm totally honest I think the bass could do with either being compressed a little or lowered in volume a touch just to let everything else breath a little.

Hmm....yeah the intro is a little........dare I say it.......wank, lol!

Nice mellow drum beat though, I like that. Good percussive shakers goin on. BOOM! wasnt expecting that lol! Almost sounds like an electric guitar! If I'm totally honest I think the bass could do with either being compressed a little or lowered in volume a touch just to let everything else breath a little.

Yeah its getting scrapped completely. I'm going to redo the sub and add some saturation to it to give it a bit more warmth. Thanks for the feedback.

James has bullied you into making Dubstep, i'm disgusted in you :teeth:

Yes. He's been haunting my dreams like some fucked up cockerkneeeeeee leprechaun, shouting pseudo-Irish/cockney rhyming slang at me for 6 hours until I complete a dubstep track.

Ey, ok i won't comment on the stuff that you are going to change so, after listening to this, the main lead synth was pretty cool, in my opinion, but to me, it didn't feel " big " enough for this kind of umm.. lead... maybe you could layer it with something to fill the spectrum a bit more, ( might be a bad idea, but who knows just have to try, maybe you like it the way it is anyway... )

I kind of have the same problem with my speakers, being very close to the wall but the sub bass.. felt okay to me.

Nice bassline, however, gets a bit repetitve near the end, needs a break or something in there with some added bassline variation
Good , changing, dynamic drums in my opinion, not repetitive

In regards to the mixdown, sounds fine to me, but I am no wizard at mixdowns by any means

Hope this makes sense..

right after the synth riffs at :59, 1:28, 1:56 and 2:25, I'd lose the singular bass drum in favor of a bigger effect when the main bassline comes in.

When you're reworking the intro as well I wouldn't quite suggest such an atmospheric opening. Sounds good though, if you work at it you'll have a big tune.

Back
Top Bottom