Global Gathering 09

Had a phat nite, it was my 8th global. Did think lasts years was better tho. Dnb was packed out pretty much all nite. Enjoyed the bedrock area and also the carl cox tent. Outdoor stage was naughty loud!!!

dus any1 know if fun and shotta turned up at all on the saturday? they weren't on the line up but when my m8 bought 1 of those fings that goes round ur neck with all the event times on it fun and shotta were ment 2 b doing a set but never saw em?!!?! ne1 kno about this?!?

They were there with Bryan G. at like 4 or something.

1st one, fricking loved it, Noisa set stood out for me, i didnt think the sound was too bad actually, if you were at the back it was pooh, if you were near the front supports it was mint, fell in a ditch, lost me mates, ruined me jeans/trainers.head & life but it was all good!

Could have done with a wheelchair and a stairlift yesterday......and whoever says there is attitude....lol, really? people only seem to give it if your giving it too them, everyone that i saw was there to have a good time and for the music, will be going again for sure.

Oh the only downer was the Dumpstep.....it really is as fcuking shite as i thought it was!....think thats where the smell of pooh was coming from!!

where the fuck was hype?

From Hype's Facebook page

Please note that DJ Hype was not able to make Global Gathering at the weekend because his British Airways flight from Austria (where he performed with Marky – Spor and Shimon) was cancelled. The only way back to the UK was via Germany causing Hype to land in the UK at 12.45 am. Therefore, as his DJ set was at midnight (at Global) he had no way of getting there on time. He did try to swap his set time but it was too late to make any changes. DJ Hype would like to say a big sorry to everyone that was expecting him, but it was out of his control.

Had a phat nite, it was my 8th global. Did think lasts years was better tho. Dnb was packed out pretty much all nite. Enjoyed the bedrock area and also the carl cox tent. Outdoor stage was naughty loud!!!

You have been 8 times?!

There is no way I'd go to Global 8 times, you can get so much more for your money elsewhere.

Overall, it didn't live up to my expectations, the organisers seemed like they were just trying to cut corners with almost every area possible.

It was a good festival, but I think I may look to some overseas festivals next year, or just go to 3 extra events instead of the festival.

Typical Random Concept crowd, too much attitude and people dancing about like their hands were guns.

I didnt think the crowd had attitude at all.. didnt see any fights and nearly every1 I raved out next 2 for a while would end up chattin about how gd a time they were havin and ask if I was too. As for pepl dancing about like their hands were guns u hav 2 expect a bit of it at a dnb rave lol

sweetpea where are the best places to go ravin in bristol please?

It depends what you like. If you like One Nation or Random Concept kind of blap blap Hazard raves, then the O2 Academy is good, but if you like smaller, intimate gigs, they're on all over the place.

Thekla has Hospitality nights about once a month, and then there are loads of nights all over really. When were you planning on going out?

This weekend Benny Page is playing in Basement 45 and Lomax is playing at Timbuktu on Friday. :)

Also Noisia are playing on the 7th August, but that's the night of Ram, so I can't go. :( boohoo.

1st time iv ever been global, and it was BANGIN!!!

but yea same as any rave these days, too much attitude, couldnt have a decent skank out without someone tryina throw u about

It depends what you like. If you like One Nation or Random Concept kind of blap blap Hazard raves, then the O2 Academy is good, but if you like smaller, intimate gigs, they're on all over the place.

Thekla has Hospitality nights about once a month, and then there are loads of nights all over really. When were you planning on going out?

This weekend Benny Page is playing in Basement 45 and Lomax is playing at Timbuktu on Friday. :)

Also Noisia are playing on the 7th August, but that's the night of Ram, so I can't go. :( boohoo.

early september, gonna get a crew together an take a little road trip

i'm all about the smaller venues, any of them have particularly rinsing sound systems?

I didnt think the crowd had attitude at all.. didnt see any fights and nearly every1 I raved out next 2 for a while would end up chattin about how gd a time they were havin and ask if I was too. As for pepl dancing about like their hands were guns u hav 2 expect a bit of it at a Random Concept event

Fixed (y)

As for the chatting to people you've never met about how wicked things are... things always seem better when you're chewing your face off.

Global is a good festival if you're fucked for all of it, that's how I spent my first global, and it was banging. But, if you're there more for the music than the drugs, then it's better just to go to events with a good lineup where you know the sound will be spot on, and the MCs won't be so irritating... unless you're into that kind of thing!

early september, gonna get a crew together an take a little road trip

i'm all about the smaller venues, any of them have particularly rinsing sound systems?

Hmmm... not really. Nothing like Matter or Fabric.

But, nowhere I've been to has had a bad soundsystem. I'd say you're pretty safe wherever. Thekla is a cool little club, on a boat, see if there's a Hospitality on or something. Check out www.bristolticketshop.com or .co.uk -I can't remember- to look for lineups.

I'll keep an eye out for anything I hear of that's coming up. I know Million Dan and Toddla T are playing Thekla early september, and I'm definitely not missing that, but that's not Drum and Bass though!

Hmmm... not really. Nothing like Matter or Fabric.

But, nowhere I've been to has had a bad soundsystem. I'd say you're pretty safe wherever. Thekla is a cool little club, on a boat, see if there's a Hospitality on or something. Check out www.bristolticketshop.com or .co.uk -I can't remember- to look for lineups.

I'll keep an eye out for anything I hear of that's coming up. I know Million Dan and Toddla T are playing Thekla early september, and I'm definitely not missing that, but that's not Drum and Bass though!

thank you =)

check out run @ native on a tuesday night mate. wicked venue, really intimate, good sound system and always a good line up.

Run nights are finishing I think. :(

There's one more left, and it's the Thursday or Friday of August Bank Holiday. It's not at Native, because it's closing down. It's either at Motion or Clockwork (which i think is also closing down)

I'll be going tho :)

Back
Top Bottom