Glitchy

lokki

JUNGLIST FROM DEYA
VIP Junglist
Is it just me or does anyone else find that whole Spor / Noisia glitch sound to be getting boring

I did like Noisia's Farbic album but am soo bored of it now. I saw the at Glade and to be honest was really unimpressed..

Just fancied a moan.. Everyone raves about these lots tunes but aside from having super tight production i just dont see what's so great! Yeah you can have wicked production, but if you tunes are fucking boring whats the point?

Maybe its cos the suns out.. i need some jazzy / vocal dnb.. lol

Last edited:
in a club man, noisia smack it down.
i'm not overly keen on a lot of spors work, as you said. production is top notch, but i think he scarfices the 'tune' a lot of the time. noisia can still reel out decent tunes and melodies to go with the slick production and ting.

Yeah i'd take Noisia over spor anyday..
Like i said their Fabric Cd was class but when i saw em i was bored lol.

Some of my fav tunes are produced by Spor but then again some of my least favs are produced by Spor. Spor is really hit and miss with me.

They are both definately dnb! but they Spor's tunes generally sound quite boring to me... no life in them, too tight

Yeah I know what you mean - I need to be able to hear a definate strong melody in a tune, if it's too glitchy it's just sonic masturbation IMO - I used to listen to a lot of warp records, squarepusher-y style stuff, but then I realised that most of it is just the sound of someone dissapearing up their own arse... some times it almost sounds like that's literally what's happening, it was after that I reallly got into DnB full time

As for Nosia in particular, I like them, like them a lot actually, but not as DJ's, I'll happily slip a few of their tunes into a set to get a bit of heads-down grit in there, but an a whole set of the kind of stuff would soon lose me, same too for Spor really...

I'm with u on this, i like techstep, the drum beat is nice and stomping but if u don't know the tunes a whole set of tech can be very boring
jump up and liquid have more of an obvious switch when a new tune is dropped

also doesnt have enough energy for me, wud rather hear a hazard tune any day...
:jackson:

are you taking the piss? you must realise how much more creative a spor tune is compared to a hazard tune.

I do yes and was supposed to say abit like jump up. I never meant spor or noisia in particular i was just refering to the neuro scene as a whole and i stand by that alot of producers in that scene use the same/very similar sounds in every tune.

I love them both I can see why ppl may not feel spor, but technically i think they are very adavanced.

some times spors stuff sounds self indulgent, but dam if i could make noises like that, spect id ram them all in too!

imo, less is more a lot of the time, but is i had to listen to taxman on a deserted island, or spor, im sure any one would get bored of taxman first

i do agree that a lot of samples get recyled tho, but perhaps they are defining a 'thier sound'

noisia i belive are massive, and make great breaks too, dutch bastards have to be one of my favs atm, thier old stuff still sounds new & i think thats a sign of quality production

i find with spors tunes it doesnt get repetetive.....they sound sick on the dancefloor and they sound sick listenin in ur room.his engineering skills are out of this world and hes self taught aswell wich i take my hat off to him as mixdowns etc are bloody hard to get used to and understandin frequencies is even harder.the man stands at number 1 in my eyes.ok so sum of his tunes arent always peoples cuppa t but he does try to do sumin different every time.
i find "jump up" if u really HAVE to catergories it very boring.but thats just my 2 cents and i havent got a problem with people likin jump up....if we all liked the same stuff WE would be very boring to.

I lisetned to a bunch of his new stuff today which i why i started this thread and yeah it was VERY repetitive but so tight.. it almost sounded too tight if that makes sense.

if you listen to any one producer too much their music becomes monotonous, especially if the production is from around the same time period, i think its just a case of u listening too much to them lokki :)

I lisetned to a bunch of his new stuff today which i why i started this thread and yeah it was VERY repetitive but so tight.. it almost sounded too tight if that makes sense.

see i dont think it is repetetive.........the little switches,little sounds that only come once thru the tune,atmospherics and so on.......i think i know what u mean by tight......everything sits so perfect in his tunes.....but thats what makes his tune (4 me) worth listenin to.to b fair i listen to more of the mixdown side of tunes as im still learning that side of things.

Completely disagree... IMO, Spor and Noisia are making some of the must cutting edge DnB out there... The production on their tracks is fucking amazing and the tunes themselves are as phat as they come. They've got their own unique sound that sets them apart from the rest, it's all that vocal, jazzy drum and bass that I find to be dull and monotonous.

I'll admit I saw Noisia at Glade and wasn't overly impressed either, they were good, but I'm not sure wether it was the sound levels, or what, but I wasn't really getting too into it... Could of just been the ket wearing off. Still, I tend to drop atleast 2 Noisia songs in my sets and usually even more Spor songs and they always go off big time. Tracks like Block Control, Knock You Down, The Eyes Have It, Monster, Stompbox Remix, Molehill, 1UP, Concussion, etc are all fucking killer tracks that I'll never get bored of.

There's also other artists out there who are making truly original DnB that I think deserve the sort of attention Noisia and Spor are getting, like Proket, Telemetrik, The Sect, Current Value, etc...

seen noisia few weeks ago, hes pretty sick on the decks, got bored of his set 40 mins in tho, aint really into that sorta dnb - even with a head full of mdma (go figure?!?)

Back
Top Bottom