Gladiator 2: A drum n bass producer's dream plugin

Lucyfer

This thing is incredible. It's got over 100 different wavetables, far better sounding than massive. hundreds of fx and automatible parameters. similar to granular synthesis, it's called hcm synthesis. 189 bucks. made by tone2.

I've been making ripping, tearing basslines quite fast with more precision than massive. juicy. amazing for neurofunk especially.

includes 5 oscillators, arpeggiator, programming matrix, and "step lfo". Haven't really tried out the step lfo yet but it seems that it mimics massive's performer.

Last edited:
It would be good if you could show some examples of stuff youve done, so we could see what you mean, considering there isnt much for it on youtube. I might consider it if it can do heaps of stuff that my Zeta2 and Massive cant.

This is quite a good synth. Has an arpeggiator too. take that massive ;)

the filterbank by tone2 is excellent as well. gotta love FM filters...!

My only issue with FilterBank3 is if you have quick automation moves/LFO's the de-zipping is awful so you're left with a bunch of obnoxious high-end aliasing that's poopy. Same goes for their plug-in AkustiX; but when you use AkustiX how it's NOT supposed to be used it's amaazing lol.

If you're in the market for a filter plug, I'd recommend this unofficial Sherman emulation:

http://www.phuturetone.com/philteroid.php

Last edited:
Definitely enjoying the demo of Gladiator2...however, that ElectraX synth is quite thick as well. Two separate beasts that both have me equally intrigued. Any users of both ElectraX and Gladiator2 care to chime in?

Gladiator is a beast...
Its a pretty common vst in the grime scene:P

I think the main problem with it is that it is fairly complicated
it will take a long long time to master (and unlike massive its lacking 10000 youtube tutorials on how to make sounds)

Definitely enjoying the demo of Gladiator2...however, that ElectraX synth is quite thick as well. Two separate beasts that both have me equally intrigued. Any users of both ElectraX and Gladiator2 care to chime in?

VERY luscious, pretty CPU intensive as well. But it sounds damn nice. ElectraX that is, Gladiatior is more reasonable about it.

Back
Top Bottom