Giving up the Drugs

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by hyperd4eva, Mar 22, 2010.

1. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

Hello All!

I am currently trying my hardest to give up weed and other drugs. I dont tend to do alot of other drugs apart from weed so that should be fine.

I have noticed i am just not as healthy as i should be at the age of 23 and have been really run down! i live with 2 mates who smoke weed religiously and iv been blazing for nearly 8 - 9 years now :/ .

Definately time to knock it on the head i think.. Anyone got any suggestions to make it easier or been through the same thing. I am also knocking on the head the fags!

Drinking is definately still allowed! :) I was thinking of a tally chart for everyday i go so i can see my progress!

Any suggestions would be good!

Safe.

2. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

don't replace weed with drinking or eating.. and chew gum. lots n lots of gum :|

just cross off on your calender, everyday thats can-o-bliss free (y)

3. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

good luck man! giving shit up is hard work! you've really gotta want to do it!
    i have 1 j's worth left at home and thats gonna be it for me for a while, gonna try this sober malarki out!
    only advise i can give u is a change in routine. if ur living with a couple of blazers it might be pretty hard to avoid temptation!

4. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

Thanks man! i think the hardest will be saying no to my housemates but they both know im giving up so should be cool about it! we smoke outside so at least it wont hum of green all day! that would be killer! i have said it before but im determined this time! :D

5. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

Get a chest infection, then don't start again, has worked for me so far 5 weeks in & i've only had 1 pipe after I got blind drunk.

However, the whole "replacing it with something else" scenario is very real, I am a big drinker anyway, my drinking has escalated somewhat since quitting.

Getting an active hobby is the next step for me, used to play Badminton alot, I have booked a court for Friday & am going to make this a regular weekly event to see if it helps.

6. greddie

greddie Super Sir Loin

i stopped for just under two weeks, then a mate suggested getting high and i have been getting high again every day since (the last 5 days)

its so hard.... they should give out awards for this shit.

7. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

Cheers mate! good luck to you also! it just got to the point where i thought this is fucking boring now! and being tired all the time and shit. dont get me wrong i love to blaze and all my mates do it but u can see everyone of them wants to give up really! its hard to admit when ur addicted and i wana prove to myself i can do it.

8. pitts

pitts Member

keep urself busy with stuff maybe try a new hobbie like going to the gym or if u produce or dj or both do them more instead of getting baked and doing nothing. Once the first few days pass it gets a lot easier, i can imagine it would be harder living with 2 other people who will still be smoking it though.

9. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

funny you say that cause iv just got over one and part of this whole thing was cause i was still blazing whilst i felt grotty. And i thought to myself you have a problem here boy! hobby is a good suggestion im joining the gym this week so gonna start swimming again! also i got decks now so mixing will keep me busy.

10. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

Feel your pain mate. i always thought i would just be able to give up but i actually realised how long i had been blazing and im only 23! i think it will give whoever gives up a good personality boost aswell to show the will power! thats what im looking for i guess.

11. JamesZero

JamesZero aka Zero Beats

Badmintons where it's at mate, used to love playing. Haven't been for years tho.

As for giving up, set yourself a target and have a reward for it... say if you go for 6 months without any weed you will go away on a little weekend break with your misses or something like that. I did that with smoking... funny enough I never went away in the end, but I did give up, it's my 3 year anniversary this Sunday.

12. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

i dont really wanna give up blazing to be fair
    but over the last 15 years or so the stats speak for themselves

weed consumed = 97.5 oz's (approximate calculation of an 8th a week)
    goals accomplished = 0

13. GZero

GZero No fear no sound!

Chew a toothpick like you're the fucking Duke himself.

Helps me when I'm on long plane journeys, no smoking :( I need to quit again...

14. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

Good Work mate! thats the sort of thing that makes you feel good about it aswell you know. and i reckon if i can get to the point where ni know i dont need it, u can take control of whatever you do really be it drink, drugs or whatever.

i do drink alot but that doesnt bother me!!

15. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

im sure this isnt true mate!

16. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

GAY BASHER!

17. greddie

greddie Super Sir Loin

i always find myself saying ill do something tomorrow and i always have bleary red eyes when i say it, then when i wake up, i never do it and have a powerfull urge to blaze again

18. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

lol FUCK THE FAGS!!!

19. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

You see, for me, the turntables are one of the hardest areas of quitting, having a mix would always involve being high & the want to "improve" the enjoyment of the music further, I had convinced myself was to be high.

Especially as I play Reggae now & every other track is Ganja related...

Thats one thing I haven't been doing as much of in the past 5 weeks as I normally would is mixing, simply because of the stigma I have attached to it.

Shame, cus I do truly enjoy it, just another hurdle I need to get over I guess... :(

20. herojuana

herojuana hairy kuala

find something that is worth giving up for you.

i started playing ice hockey, and although i could play and smoke, i decided that i would be a hell of a lot better if i didn't cough my lungs up every time i exercised, and that i would find that more rewarding. i still occasionally smoke, but i get a lot more done with my life now i don't get high every day. it is all about finding something that makes you happier!