give me some speaker/monitors recomendations (budget)

Slink

looking to invest in some new speakers/monitors purely for production, not arsed how they fare for games or movies,

Can anyone suggest something around the £80 price range?

not really... £80 is not really enough for monitors. You'd better keep watching flea markets for old hifi amp/speaker combos for that kind of money. you can get nearfield monitors for that price but they have mostly about 3" bass cone. not remotely useful in dnb production without a sub.

your gunna have to be very patient searching on ebay to get some monitors at this price, probertly looking at some alesis m1 520s or some tannoys, ive got some 520s proberly the best you can get i got mine for £100. Or save up some more and buy them individually?

Really can't think of anything that would fit in that budget.. I don't think that is there actually, except on what Ryan said I suppose...

All I could think of suggesting you is getting some KRK's but it goes pretty much out of your budget... Save up some more money? Work? That is how I did it, and now enjoying my KRK RP8s :3

Else what you could try I think, is getting some decent headphones :3
Checkout this thread for that, some pretty damn good advice on headphones which could be suitable for music production.
http://www.dubstepforum.com/headphones-t67063.html

Last edited:
If you're investing in monitors, you probably don't want to skimp on them, try save a little more. The reason being is you'll have to 'learn' them, the characteristics of their sound, etc and learning a set of lower quality speakers won't do your mixes any good and makes it much harder to get your mixes to translate to other systems.

..then there's room treatment which is a big one.

At least go for some 5" active nearfields monitors like Samson R5a's, Yamaha HS50's or KRK RP5's if you Can, don't hesitate to look at second hand items too.

Back
Top Bottom