Gig time

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by ApeCat, Jun 2, 2012.

1. ApeCat

ApeCat Human Dubplate

I've been hassling the pub to let me play again, I was hoping for Fri- or Saturday since I was supposed to play Saturday last week, but I ended up with tomorrow instead. People are finished with their finals and are starting their summer holidays so hopefully there'll be a good turn up.

Gave my brother the first hour so I'll have to watch over his shoulder and make sure he doesn't start songs at the wrong time and shit which he's prone to but he wants to play dubstep so how much can he actually fuck up? All the songs sound exactly the same, init.

Gonna play from nine to one in the morning, boomting!

2. ONSLAUGHT88

ONSLAUGHT88 I sees ya I do I sees ya

That's a rather long set, hope you have enough tunes or are good at dragging it out :D

3. herojuana

herojuana hairy kuala

haha yeah, going for playing all 6 mins of every tune :teeth:

4. ApeCat

ApeCat Human Dubplate

Might do a few repeats.. Might even just play one set twice!

I'm just happy to be playing for an audience at all [the free beer helps of course!], and it's not as if any of these guys are connoisseurs or anything, last time this one guy was all "Yeah I heard you played some random Noisia track, I was actually gonna ask you if you had that random Noisia track because I really wanted to hear that random Noisia track" and he just wouldn't stop! It was dreadful! What the fuck did that guy want from me? Like; what was the magical keyword that would make him go "Okay, I got my point across, that was a successful conversation, I'll leave him the fuck alone to do his thing now!"??

Just gonna go for a good vibe, keep the mix rolling and act like I know what I'm doing.

5. ApeCat

ApeCat Human Dubplate

Come to think of it, that's not a bad idea..

As long as I've got two going at once most of the time it's smooth sailing and I've got time for piss breaks and maybe the odd spliff..

---------- Post added at 18:39 ---------- Previous post was at 18:39 ----------

Come to think of it, that's not a bad idea..

As long as I've got two going at once most of the time it's smooth sailing and I've got time for piss breaks and maybe the odd spliff..

---------- Post added at 18:43 ---------- Previous post was at 18:39 ----------

[​IMG]