Gig screw ups

RevTech

Butthole=output transduce
VIP Junglist
Tell me your stories of some embarrassing fuck ups. Once I had my cdx break halfway through the time I was there and it was silent for a good half minute and it kinda blew. :mad:

On my first gig, I was using the CDj 1000s . I didnt realise I was used to using auto cue mode. The setting wasn't turned on on the pioneers . So when I was pressing the cue button there was a 1 sec delay before the track started playing . Which completely shagged my attempt at mixing lol. But after that happening the CDj turned off . Which wasn't my fault at all. So basically my first gig was an absoulte shambles :)

Almost put me off mixing for life. Being infront of a packed club and that happening

On my first gig, I was using the CDj 1000s . I didnt realise I was used to using auto cue mode. The setting wasn't turned on on the pioneers . So when I was pressing the cue button there was a 1 sec delay before the track started playing . Which completely shagged my attempt at mixing lol. But after that happening the CDj turned off . Which wasn't my fault at all. So basically my first gig was an absoulte shambles :)

Almost put me off mixing for life. Being infront of a packed club and that happening

And where is this?

i hear that... or eject the wrong CD from the CDJ!

worst one for me was when i used to promote a small student night in southampton... my set was last, 2-3 or 3-4 (cant remember) and i got so blind drunk i clanged it our for 15 minutes before being dragged off the decks! :(

Ahh too many to name them all..

Hit Cue on the wrong CDJ bare amount of times, that is the most comman fuck up.. Had the VCF left on the third deck therefore switching to a track with no bass (dont use the VCF on deck 3 now) ..... I could go on!

booked for a gig to play on a garage night
opened the box, full of drum and bass. wrong bag, skool boy error!
didn't go down that well and my set was cut short!

bringing my hand from the volume on the 4th channel managed to knock the master level right down, wasn't that bad but pretty embarrassing all the same

My first gig me and my mate were going back to back mostly with vinyl and one of the turntables wasnt working, luckily i took my CDs with me but we only found out that it wasn't working after the track had skipped and looped an almost perfect 8 bars for a good 5 minutes.

after that pressing the wrong button on the CDJ and having the track start again from the beginning

after that though it was all good besides the next DJ didnt show up and we only brought enough tracks for our set

done the wrong needle, but only at house parties, never in a club... did have a book all onto the deck playin in one cllub, where the fuck it came form i have no idea...

soon enough the whole cord going "wheeeeeeeeeeey".

fuckin embarassing!

I was doing a house party for a freind who forgot to mention that there was some local bellends attending the same party who later expressed their dislike for my music by comming upto the stand and physically removing the needle from the vinyl with a deafeningly horrible SSCCCRRRRRRRRRRR.

At this moment i couldve expressed myself also by bruce lee'ing him clean in the chest off the stand but i noticed he was with 3 of his mates who clearly had spent all of their dole money on steroids and cheap cider

Gutted.

I had one a few weeks ago. I was going B2B2B with a couple of mates and the crossfader was on channel 2 as well as the volume fader being down on channel 1. I didn't notice the crossfader and whacked up the volume fader for my tune, we had no monitors so I was using just the headphones and didn't realise that I was actually just playing channel 2 with no bass. Fucking schoolboy error, felt like a right knob!

havent had a screw up in a long time thank fuck. learnt from my mistakes...

but my first ever set (after only having decks for 3/4 months). Literally put straight in at the deep end. I was absolutely sweating like a madman, nerves soon got the better of me and I ended up trying something a little ambitious that I had preplanned. Trainwrecked it.

Wheeled everything back. Looked up at my mates, kind of put my hand up in apology and got back on it. the rest of the set was clean, but i never lived that moment down.

One thing I learnt from that night is to never plan a set. I turn up to play sets now and just bring a bag of a certain style DNB and just get on with it.

I remember seeing Friction trainwreck in Room 3 of Fabric a few weeks after that moment, it was nice to see that even though he is a mad powerhouse DJ were all human, and mistakes will happen. I stopped beating myself up about it and practised day after day after day after speaking to him that night he just said "practise makes perfect"

Best Advice Ever. Never Looked Back.

Back
Top Bottom