Ghost of Muttley - Secretion (neuro)

also i think this is just soundcloud coz i didn't notice until now but the whole mix sounds a little more left than it did..could be the cans im on now though..weird shit..

Some of those basses are nice man, a little messy in places maybe. Id try and simplify it a little
Drums need some more weight imo they dont punch me in the face like id want them too
The track is also a little on the quiet side, but its a really good start that mate :)

cheers dude

yeah listening back i've concluded this mix kinda blows
squished half the fades out of the basses n the snare went spalsh

alas

i'll be back

Man this is nice. But there is a few things what should be changed (my opinion). Reduce length of the intro or if you want to have long intro, try add some tension and energy (I know, easy to say, hard to do :)). And your drums. Make sure, that your main kick is always set to mono (your subbass too). It should improve your final mixdown.
And I agree with Zeal. Just simplify it!
Keep workin man.

thanks man

Yeah i thought i'd mono'd everything under 100hz but it doesn't sound like it
bass definitely needs some trimming, note to self: don't arrange bass cuts when faded

good call on the intro, it drags at the moment

gracias

I think this is an example of an excellent track with a bad mix down. All of the elements are there just not sitting right as you suggested. My best advice would be to leave the track alone until you fall out of love with it. Give it at least a week. You will hear and know what to do.

yeah good call man
it came together really fast in terms of the pieces but ive definitely rushed the mixdown, feels a few steps backwards tbh

cheers mate

Back
Top Bottom