Getting your music out there and heard

elmaruk

slannndaaaaaaar
VIP Junglist
So I've got to a point where I'm fairly happy with my tunes now, can be heard here www.soundcloud.com/onyxuk

I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips about getting your music out there and heard by the right people. I've used soundcloud for ages now and i only just found out about being able to post your music to groups (duhh) so thats one way i guess.

send cd promo's to DJ's, especially those that play on the radio and reguarly do podcasts/mixes. you're lost in a myriad of unknown artists on the internet, and people will skip through 20 seconds, decide it doesn't do much for them and never listen again. get in touch with youtube channels too, as they'll have their own set of subscribers.

give some tracks away free, but do NOT remix some shit song to promote yourself. give something good away to get people checking you out.

do NOT remix some shit song to promote yourself. give something good away to get people checking you out.

Yeah man definitely, realized recently it's important to try and build up a bit of a repertoire and i wouldn't want to be know for remixing really

deleted all the crap on my soundcloud too and made wips private.

To be honest Soundcloud is probably the best medium to get your music noticed, alot of people watch it. If you've been on Soundcloud and you haven't really got any good attention may mean you're not up to scratch.
With so many people having access to making tunes, Unless you have good skills you're not gonna get recognised.

I pretty much just post my tracks on 3 different forums, change from group on SC from time to time (free account) and I always drop them in Tongueflap's dropbox (so he can ignore them :P).

If you want to be notice you just need some labels following you on SC by making good tracks :) And ofcourse you need to have luck on your side!

send cd promo's to DJ's, especially those that play on the radio and reguarly do podcasts/mixes. you're lost in a myriad of unknown artists on the internet, and people will skip through 20 seconds, decide it doesn't do much for them and never listen again. get in touch with youtube channels too, as they'll have their own set of subscribers.

give some tracks away free, but do NOT remix some shit song to promote yourself. give something good away to get people checking you out.

Thanks for the tip of sending CD promos. I never thought of doing that.

Youtube! send your tracks to some youtube promoters. Maybe one of them will be generous enough to post it, and link your soundcloud.

Facebook is really good. youtube promoters. dnb forums like, idmforums, here, doa, dnba (goodluck) etc, there is loads. Find the good smaller dj who play out a lot and send them your tunes. just keep plugging.

So I've got to a point where I'm fairly happy with my tunes now, can be heard here www.soundcloud.com/onyxuk

I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips about getting your music out there and heard by the right people. I've used soundcloud for ages now and i only just found out about being able to post your music to groups (duhh) so thats one way i guess.

I'd love to know somewhere to share electro house style music, can't find any good forums for that

I'd love to know somewhere to share electro house style music, can't find any good forums for that

i play electro, techno infused usually, but anything from proggy to filth, for a few diffrent groups around london, feel free to drop tracks to me ;)

Thanks Tetra, glad ya liked it, much appreciated.

So I've started putting together a little demo CD, just working on a couple more tracks for it. Getting a friend to do the artwork for it. Put together a list of labels addresses whom ill be sending them too hopefully by the end of May/Mid June...depends when the creativity hits me :P

Not really expecting to hear much back. If i do that would be so sweet. If i don't then well, i guess that just means get better!

I think Online music promotion through social networking site is the best way to promote your music.There are various companies that help you to promote your music on these social networking sites.

Back
Top Bottom