getting vinyl cut

DJ Hannibal

Has anyone on here got a tune cut to vinyl? Was looking into getting a few done myself and i wanted to hear peoples experiences, recomendations and warnings! i know a guy who got a tune cut but it came back with the entire tune using about 2cms of the record and it was way too quiet to use :(

Check out Finyl Tweek. They are meant to be pretty good. I think they do those everlasting dub plate things. If you wanna proper plate check out Masterpiece but it'll cost you a fair bit

Make sure you send your track to a vinyl mastering engineer first, the requirements are diffrent for CD and Vinyl. use 32bit WAV's so you can give the Digital>Analog converters plenty to work with, also be careful of your compression and limiting on the track, Vinyl cant handle as much sound as CD, but a good mastering engineer will tell you all you need to know, i've never pressed to vinyl myself, this is only what i've learnt from other ppl

http://www.vinylcarvers.com/

These guys master and cut one off vinyls, not used them or anything, but worth a look.

---------- Post added at 13:03 ---------- Previous post was at 13:00 ----------

also be careful of your compression and limiting on the track

Try and avoid it full stop, any processing like that (if its needed) will be better left to the people mastering/cutting.

Ive had a few of my tunes cut, recommendations are: Listen to your track on as many different sound outputs before cutting (car stereo with a good sub is a defo, surround sound system, bedroom setup - an best of all, but not possible for everyone - a soundsystem with bassbins). listen for anything that stands out, is too loud/quiet or doesnt work and go back to the studio.

Send the cutting house a WAV of the the original file, cutting from an mp3 really shows on sound quality, especially after a bit of useage and youve played it a few times.

Dont cut a 33rpm, go for a 45 - the vinyl will be alot louder/cleaner sounding, you can tell this by comparing 33 & 45s of tunes you already own.

As for the comment above about paying pre-mastering before you cut, most places will offer a mastering service included in the cutting cost (vinyl carvers above do, thats who i used im pretty sure).

i still play my Alien Girl RMX i cut over 2 years ago, an it sounds pretty phat. its had well over 100 plays.

hope some of that shizzle helps :thumbsup:

http://www.vinylcarvers.com/

These guys master and cut one off vinyls, not used them or anything, but worth a look.

Used these guys years ago, they do acetate dubs that last for about 70-80 plays before they start to wear. decent quality dubplate though.
I would personally recommend www.dubstudio.co.uk they are quality. everlasting vinyl dubplates, £50 2 tunes. and they are decent mastering engineers aswell.

Last edited:
Used these guys years ago, they do acetate dubs that last for about 70-80 plays before they start to wear. decent quality dubplate though.
I would personally recommend www.dubstudio.co.uk they are quality. everlasting vinyl dubplates, £50 2 tunes. and they are decent mastering engineers aswell.

the last time i cut a tune, i got this german guy doing that. cost me 35 euros for 1x12" with 12 minutes play on every side. includes vinyl-ready-mastering and cutting. even with shipping costs to the uk that would be less than 50 pounds.
have to search for the homepage i guess.

this is the first time i've heard this before but it does make sense really, thanks for this useful fact

if you cut 1 track at 33rpm you can get more loudness and bass out of it as you can have wider grooves on the record so thats wrong

ahh ok, vapour knows it all... and because of that ^^^^ every 45 rpm vinyl sounds waaaaay better than any 33 rpm. get off your high horse and stop offending people. you talk as much shit as everyone else tbh and are NOT the dnb-super-guru. kthxbai.

and for the "mastering" - at dubstudio they will look at your tune and mono everything below a certain hz and so on aswell, thats what i meant with "ready-for-vinyl-mastering"

ahh ok, vapour knows it all... and because of that ^^^^ every 45 rpm vinyl sounds waaaaay better than any 33 rpm. get off your high horse and stop offending people. you talk as much shit as everyone else tbh and are NOT the dnb-super-guru. kthxbai.

and for the "mastering" - at dubstudio they will look at your tune and mono everything below a certain hz and so on aswell, thats what i meant with "ready-for-vinyl-mastering"

333hi00.gif
333hi00.gif
333hi00.gif
333hi00.gif
333hi00.gif
333hi00.gif

oh im sorry should i not state actuall fact that was told to me by a vinyl mastering engineer just to save you looking like a prick

Regardless of whether he's right or wrong Vapour, the way you phrase 99% of your posts is plain condescending/rude/patronising/unpleasant. Take your pick. It doesn't take a lot to be nice, especially when a lot of people on here support you and your music.

Just something to consider.

Regardless of whether he's right or wrong Vapour, the way you phrase 99% of your posts is plain condescending/rude/patronising/unpleasant. Take your pick. It doesn't take a lot to be nice, especially when a lot of people on here support you and your music.

Just something to consider.

indeed. - and regardless if the info is from a mastering engineer or the guy who invented vinyl. 45rpm sounds better.

oh and btw.. imo im not the one whos looking like a prick o_O doesnt matter tho..

I think like most of us I get the majority of my info about the sound of a track from my ears...

Who's been feeding Vapour's mind?

we got a dub cut at fynil tweek and its fine. if you want shane to do it there's a big waiting list though.

also for those people who say volume is a problem, there's a trim control on most mixers. if that doesn't help then there;s a problem with the track

dearest forum members

i for one am deeply upset by the statements provided saying i have upset some people with my ability to actually back up my statements with facts thus resulting in the non fact sayers appearing with some large portions of egg on face

in the future to remidy this ghastly situation i will let the untruths of the world lead the way and let you all find out your mistakes by way of your own errors

i wish you all the finest on this wonderfully sunny saterday afternoon

god bless and one love to all

p.s dear papa jaro i am still enthusiastly awaiting your reply in your previous thread with regards to you atually coming up with some solid facts to your ever interesting non fact argument argument

Back
Top Bottom