Getting that early-mid 90's synth pad sound?

Not sure about the first one, but the second one is just a saw pad put in unison, detuned, maybe some pitch lfo. From there it's all experimentation I think.

Korg M1. It's available as a VST plugin, and will bring water to your 90s mouth :)

The piano on it is a early house/hardcore staple, and there's loads of pads on it used across the board in early techno/rave tunes.
The "house organ" used in for example the bassline of Robin S - Show Me Love is also an M1 preset.

Have fun :D

Korg M1. It's available as a VST plugin, and will bring water to your 90s mouth :)

The piano on it is a early house/hardcore staple, and there's loads of pads on it used across the board in early techno/rave tunes.
The "house organ" used in for example the bassline of Robin S - Show Me Love is also an M1 preset.

i actually have the virtual version of m1 :)

neither one of those are aything "special" per say. they are just dope pads. I still put plently of stuff like that in my productions. But again, it's just a pad, definitely not era specific brother. If you need more guidance fell free to contact me brother ;)

I disagree, although they may sound similar, I feel producers today pigeon hole sounds WAY TOO FREQUENTLY. It's a dope sound, why staple it with a label? You think all good muic is original then let it go cuz it's all based on previous inspirations trust

so we can know what were talking about, using a common language? its very normal derelicts, for groups to establish their own language. long as its not used for exclusivity, but for communication, i think well be alright.

and actually, the bog standard midi GM string will do the trick, its more about the chord, the pitch, and how youve LPd it, in my experience. user super-saws, or a classic synth, and youll get even closer, of course.

ive been trying to get the lush jungle pads of goldie since forever, and whilst timeless padwork is way beyond my meagre skillset and non existing talent, i have gotten close, and the good looking pad sound is shit easy to do. there is a VSTi called pad-maker, check that out

I'd genuinely love to spend a weekend in the studio with you Karl, I know I keep saying it, but it has to happen man... It would be beyond epic!

so we can know what were talking about, using a common language? its very normal derelicts, for groups to establish their own language. long as its not used for exclusivity, but for communication, i think well be alright.

yes that's my bad and i want to apologize for being a douche canoe i was in a bad mood yesterday.

I'm not saying a date, I'm just saying it needs to happen... Don't do the ex girlfriend thing to me you bloody jew! Like ok we can be friends but you're never having the key to my heart again :lol:

and actually, the bog standard midi GM string will do the trick, its more about the chord, the pitch, and how youve LPd it, in my experience. user super-saws, or a classic synth, and youll get even closer, of course.

ive been trying to get the lush jungle pads of goldie since forever, and whilst timeless padwork is way beyond my meagre skillset and non existing talent, i have gotten close, and the good looking pad sound is shit easy to do. there is a VSTi called pad-maker, check that out
thanks dude! looking it up now lol

I'm not saying a date, I'm just saying it needs to happen... Don't do the ex girlfriend thing to me you bloody jew! Like ok we can be friends but you're never having the key to my heart again :lol:

haha, thats EXACTLY the tone i was taking!

and youre never doing this to me again, i cant beleive im back to square one. cant beleive you did this.

Back
Top Bottom