Getting started in production......

Mulla

Digital Future
VIP Junglist
:confused::
Right, I am new to this production lark and so have a few questions to ask:
1. I am using Fruityloops at the mo, and was wondering if there were sites on the net where you can download samples, breaks etc.
2. Which sample CD's are the best?
3. Any other advice would be much appreciated.

Thanx.........

hey man.

1. check www.joor.com for some basic sample packs. I beleive www.dnbproduction.com gots a sample ftp. Dogs on acid have one too but im not sure. But really its all about looking, the best shit is that which you find yourself.

2. Dont use sample cds. I mean of course theyre the holy grail when it comes to samples but the only true way is to make everything yourself. Thats how i do it anyway and if nothing else itll let you truly develop your own sound.

3. Get all the VSTi and effects you can. The production is half the tune! Never be satisfied. A cliche but still haha.

hope thats some help½

I have been using:

• Acid 3
    Cubase
    Recycle
    Cool Edit 2000
    ModPlug Tracker

That's about it for now.

I use Reason and nothing else. It's the Daddy.

An excellent place for sample is www.dogsonacid.com where they have huge sample packs for download. You can also get some DnB loops at www.dogbeats.com, but with the stepper style of Fruityloops you should be able to create some good ones ureself with single drum samples.

I know i did. :)

Have fun!

PM

in vain

In the beginning you don't have to worry about using ready-made samples from cd's or internet or whatever. Much easier to start your glorius career of producer-to-be using sample CD's and such. It's all part of the learning curve, and when you get the skillz, you can make your own samples.

yeah i agree ita all about making yr own samples, or warping those u have, its alway handy to have a large library of single drum hits, although most quality synths can make drum hits

Back
Top Bottom