Getting started help?

MOTIVE3674

Motive
Greetings all headz!!!

I'm new to the forum folks and would like some advice on getting started with producing some of my own tunes.Ive been spinning tunes for around 16 years now and have been into the dnb since i heard Ed Rush n Nico's Technology!!!!

I think its about time i tried to put some of my ideas down if only for a little fun and to avoid the regret of saying i never had go at it!!

I travel around a lot though so a small home studio is a no go i'm afraid.The best option i have is a laptop and i will be purchasing a Mac Powerbook when my mate goes to New York in June.

Could anyone give me some of advice on software packages and sample packages or anything else of use to get me up and running?I have used cubase before although some years ago so i have a slight knowledge but empahasis on the word "slight"

Thanks Motive(James)

Ez man, If your gettin a Mac you need to get a copy of Logic pro 7.It comes with its own sampler and synths.I would get started on those and later buy some other software synths like NI Massive, Albino e.tc. If your using Logic also get a copy of Propellorheads Recycle to slice up your drum loops and save them as Rex files.you can do your drums in Audio like some producers , but it is a painful way of doing it.In terms of sample cd's, I would reccomend to either get a copy of Dj stakkas Firestorm or David Carbones sample cd.You can also get loads of samples of Doa.Thers alot to know and I would reccomend to go on a music Tech course , so you can learn the basics and then experiment at home.Some people say you should press all the buttons and see where that takes you.Do not listen to them.Learn the Basics and Theory, then You will know what your doing.

Back
Top Bottom