Getting some new equipment..

maybe im getting the wrong end of the stick.... but is that all your getting????

you do know you need an amp to power those speakers right???

and the hercules has a mixer built in so im not sure why you need the dj controller

maybe im getting the wrong end of the stick.... but is that all your getting????

you do know you need an amp to power those speakers right???

and the hercules has a mixer built in so im not sure why you need the dj controller

Ya, I'm still deciding on what amp to get.. not firmiliar with 'em at all.
And as for the DJ controller, the Torq program won't run without a piece of M-Audio hardware so I'm gettin that just to get the program running. Then I'll just use the knobs to control some more effects, or something.

:edit
Found a good amp, but was wondering how do i plug in a pair of speakers and a pair of subs into this?

EP2500_rear.jpg

I think I plug the two speakers into the top and bottom black ones on the right, and the 2 subs into the red ones?

Last edited:
No. What you have there is a stereo amp. Don't connect that to three or four speakers (well you could but I wouldn't recommend it).

Get an amp with two stereo outputs. You don't need two woofers, one is enough. Or get two of those amps that you're looking at for the money saved from the subwoofer. Connect your speakers to one and your ONE subwoofer to the other (in bridged mode - the instructions will tell you how).

You'll be using special plug cable to connect your speakers (see the holes with "lock" on them). If you don't have these types of cable (but you should use them on your speakers) then you connect your speakers each with a cable that has two wires - one goes to the red and one goes to the black. These are the positive and negative wires - without them connected, ain't nothing going to flow. And don't mix the cables up because your speaker cones will start working backwards.

Can you recommend me one, or show me an example? Cuz I've been looking and I don't think I've found one. :|

Look for a "four channel" amp - that will be the easiest for you to set up. http://cgi.ebay.com/GMI-PRO-2125-WA...7203299QQihZ020QQcategoryZ14983QQcmdZViewItem

Or just buy two 2 channel amps amps.

You can also rig up all your speakers to an amplifier if its powerful enough and the ohms are okay but I suggest you ask in the shop for a specific recommendation AND instructions how to do this.

Back
Top Bottom