Getting ripped off on Discogs

Goosey_J

IGNORE ME
VIP Junglist
So I decided to use Discogs recently to purchase an out of print vinyl. I spoke to the seller of the record and we agreed on a price slightly lower than what he had the item listed for. He had 100% positive feedback so I figured it was okay.
Paid him outside of the site via paypal a few days ago (looking back this was my mistake), he accepted the payment yesterday, haven't heard anything back from him about sending the item.

So I've probably been jipped out of 30 squid. Has this happened to anyone before with discogs users? Is there anything I can do to get him reported/get my money back? I have full documentation of the transaction and the negociation of the price via email. Or am I just screwed?

Any advice on this situation would be wicked, cheers.

See if it turns up this week, he might have posted it and forgot to let you no, if he has 100 percent feed back and done alot of sales in the pass you should be ok

Try to communicate to him, maybe it's nothing to worry about

When enough time has passed, if you still don't have it go to the paypal resolution centre and fill in a chargeback

Nah bollocks to him he's had his chance...

24 hours is a long time in the East End...

Give me his name, address and a brief description I'll get right out there and stripe the fucker for real....

Been a while since I've got amongst it, not since we last played Millwall so I'm fucking raring to go, now, where's me hammers at?

On balance, I think you ought to give him a little more time...

The guys a record collector, and most probably a completely disorganised bum, rather than a rip off merchant.

Give him a chance to get down the post office mate, and I'm sure you'll have the record in a few days... It has been bank holiday weekend after all!

Besides, I have food poisoning today, so I'm really not very able to get amongst it today...

unless sitting on the shitter making fizzy gravy counts as "getting amongst it"....

he might have not noticed the payment yet, i was worried recently that a seller at discogs was going to rip me off totally, but eventually he said that he'd 'located' the payment. don't worry about it if they've got 100% feedback, they won't want to risk that

Disc 1:
Icicle - Minus
Alix Perez - Stray

Disc 2
Spectrasoul - The Tube
Zero Tolerance - Goes Around

So, so sick. Especially Goes Around, one of my favourites.

I wouldn't go spending £30 on an EP like that again though mate, I'm sure with a bit of patience whilst on the hunt you could of found it for around half the price

I've wanted Uncut - Midnight on vinyl for ages and hardly ever seen it listed on discogs for anything less than about £20

I managed to get it on buy it now from ebay for £5.99 including p&p yesterday, in excellent condition, just goes to show that that with a bit of patience and luck you can save a lot of money over time

I wouldn't go spending £30 on an EP like that again though mate, I'm sure with a bit of patience whilst on the hunt you could of found it for around half the price

I've wanted Uncut - Midnight on vinyl for ages and hardly ever seen it listed on discogs for anything less than about £20

I managed to get it on buy it now from ebay for £5.99 including p&p yesterday, in excellent condition, just goes to show that that with a bit of patience and luck you can save a lot of money over time

lol

i bought this for £0.99 brand new :D

Yeah I know, it isn't cheap on Discogs. But I've been after for ages, with regular checks on ebay. Discogs was a last choice, he had it up for £40 originally but agreed to knock the price down. I guess a record's value is relative to the individual :)

Back
Top Bottom