Getting rid of that pitch click on 1210's

ali^

Bigtingsagwarn
VIP Junglist
I've always found when mixing very similar BPMs on my technics, when i get near the green light i have to settle for a certain degree of accuracy and touch the platter myself.
In the mk5 version they got rid of this click as they realised this problem, but there is a way to fix it.
Im going to get rid of this auto lock using this guide, just thought some of you might be interested, even if your not going to mess with your babies insides!
http://technics.junglist.pl/hacking_technics.html

Ill post up results later on :)

1210's have got a lock 2 man, not sure about rectifying pitch

I just look at it as another DJ skill to master if ya know what mean

Decks R never the same once fucked with though ya know, good luck on it though man. :)

Gotta disagree, to alot of people it seems like an annoyance more than anything! I dont have this problem though as i just mix pure jump up and my pitch slider never goes higher than +2 lol!

dgtdg.jpg

ko hoo ko hoooo

dont do iit brian!

I've always found when mixing very similar BPMs on my technics, when i get near the green light i have to settle for a certain degree of accuracy and touch the platter myself.
In the mk5 version they got rid of this click as they realised this problem, but there is a way to fix it.
Im going to get rid of this auto lock using this guide, just thought some of you might be interested, even if your not going to mess with your babies insides!
http://technics.junglist.pl/hacking_technics.html

Ill post up results later on :)

lol, just start your sets about +2% or +3% pitch up and you wont have that problem Bruvnor

Lol, know what ya mean

No hardship to me though seria, was just trying to empathise with poster

Most tunes I play are minus on the pitch anyway

gtta get back in2 Jump Up I reckon

you dont mix drum n do ya>

why dont you just mix a bit faster??? i dont think i have ever come accross this problem...

or.... just dont buy technics... and get yourself some proper decks... VESTAX!!

why dont you just mix a bit faster??? i dont think i have ever come accross this problem...

or.... just dont buy technics... and get yourself some proper decks... VESTAX!!

yeah lol, get down with the PDX bizness brudder! they are the shit for sure

Technics Shmechnics ha ha

Technics are standard I feel :)

But I know what your getting at, even playing a set at like 179/180 bmp, you get the odd tune that comes into contact with the pitch click, it does my head in

Machete, 0121, Western Riddim / Skankers, a couple old Pleasure tunes ... these seem to be the main culprits

I think the best way of combating it is to lock the tune your mixing in to 0%, and adjust the one your playing by however much is needed

Or buy mk5s ... BUT ... if you get mk5s youl never have this problem, so if you ever have to play out on mk2s you may find yourself in trouble!

yea i get that too, thats 1 of the reasons i ended up buying a set of vestax too... let me know how it goes with ur pitch adjustment thingy, if urs works ok i'll give it a go too :D

i love my stantons none of that problem plus i got upto 50% pitch range not that i use it really and its got key correction, i would like a set of mk5g's though

Dont C many Vestax in Nightclubs (Technics Still most widely used decks)

+ Ure better off mixing above or below the pitch (surely)

Apparently I was wrong and I don't mix D+B just because I mix mid 2 Below 0. Any higher and it would sound like Fucking Chipmunks

Am i argueing with ashey?? again!?? or what?? hahaha...

i can safely say i have never mixed a dnb tune below 0.....

why do you do that man??

When most producers write tracks they expect them to be pitched up a bit... and some write tracks to accomodate this... i mean... Pleasure - The Cube.... you ever heard that at 0??? sounds shit...

firtsly they actually discovered this problem and fixed it in the mk3 version.
secondly: yer all you need to do is mix your tunes fastly.
thirdly: i would say on average in a 1 hour set i would go below 0 twce maybe so it isnt that abnormal. stupidly fast tunes like killing curse, feelings and good sound make this happen for me so i would like to thank them.

Back
Top Bottom