Getting out there!

djflicky

VIP Junglist
When i used to mix garage i was on radio and playing out every week, but since iv been mixing D&B i found it pretty hard to do anything decent, i play out once a month or so but i need more!

Can any of you guys help or have any advise on what direction to go in, ie: where to send demos? who to contact or maybe some of you could help!

Nick

When i used to mix garage i was on radio and playing out every week, but since iv been mixing D&B i found it pretty hard to do anything decent, i play out once a month or so but i need more!

Can any of you guys help or have any advise on what direction to go in, ie: where to send demos? who to contact or maybe some of you could help!

Nick

theres a thread on here called need dnb djs for internet radio check that out if it floats ya boat

unfortunatly not.
unless you're willing to wait, but i can't promise anything.
where bouts in london are you based?

protokolradio.com are always look too.
AMC dj's on there, as well as premise and treazon and yours truely :)

k, my advice, if you decide to take it. get rid of those promo things with your picture on it. not a good look really. also get out there and stay on the grime, record 100 coppies of your mix and pass it out. get to know promoters. work on your image a bit. but mostly, stay on the grind and promote yourself. noones gonna do it for you

and the most important thing. your not Andy C. Be original, theres 1,000 of people trying to be what your doing

ye mate like everyone else has said already, produce or promote.... unless you related (crissy criss, logan d) or your the sickest thing since sliced bread, you aint got much chance getting anywhere very quick... imo anyway

Isn't rocksteady already doing that :confused:

That would be Sick! I definately get involved with that.

The only way your guna get noticed is if you pimp yourself to anyone that will listen.
I always carry a couple of mix CD's on me just in case.
Then just fucking hammer them out to anyone with a pair of hands.

Yeah subsidance, rocksteady's new night. Got loads of people from the forum on it.

The first one was on halloween, dunno whats happening about the next one.

Back
Top Bottom