Getting my own vinyl cut, or at least a dubplate

dquinn09

Anyone know where I can get my own dubplate cut and the legalities of this?

I want a few tunes cut, but don't know where to go for a one off. Any ideas, also as to the legality of it? As long as I bought the mp3 then its cool I am sure.

dubstudios.com? 40quid, but im sure its pretty much illegal to cut anything that aint your own material, doesnt mean u cant get away with it but the peeps at dubstudios know there shit, what tune is it out of interest?

i get mine cut at dubstudio http://www.dubstudio.co.uk/ very quick and easy to use!!!!!and the finished product sent to u.im not to sure what the deal is on mp3's bro.and to b fair u wouldnt want an mp3 cut really.when u buy at beatport etc u are best off gettin a wav (y) hope that helps.

There are a few...

Wanted logistics haunted by her yesterdays... which was never cut.

Also might as well b-side it with 'true romance' - dbridge.

But there are literally tons, a lot of older soul:r stuff and ltj's atmospheric jubilancy.

So it's not illegal to cut tunes you've got legally and/or for free? Like unreleased stuff.

my advice is try contact the producers themselves askin where u can get the tunes from an say that ur lookin to get em cut etc some might be nice enough to sort u a wav, or even point u in the right direction of finding them on vinyl already?

Yea man I was joking... thought you knew the tune.

See what I mean about getting misinterpreted!

Yea Ill check dub-studios. I wasn't going to get mp3 cut as the quality is crap, probably convert mp3 to flac or wav. as you said.

Ill call them and I am sure they can help.

grazie

So it's not illegal to cut tunes you've got legally and/or for free? Like unreleased stuff.

im not to sure on this......when fresh gave out exhale alot of people got it cut as he permited it.i suppose u do need permission to b safe. i only cut stuff ive been sent and of my own stuff so really dont know the do;s and donts.

my advice is try contact the producers themselves askin where u can get the tunes from an say that ur lookin to get em cut etc some might be nice enough to sort u a wav, or even point u in the right direction of finding them on vinyl already?

Yea true, though I know these haven't been cut onto vinyl.

Except for true romance, but I can't find it anywhere so might as well b-side it.

Nice one though.

dont think i know the answer to that one mate, i was just sayin for tunes that are already released i dont think u can go cut em, besides it would sound really bad seeing as they were once on vinyl then recorded to mp3 then put back on vinyl?? :confused:

Yea man I was joking... thought you knew the tune.

See what I mean about getting misinterpreted!

Yea Ill check dub-studios. I wasn't going to get mp3 cut as the quality is crap, probably convert mp3 to flac or wav. as you said.

Ill call them and I am sure they can help.

grazie

u can catch henry on aim and ask about it all.his aims on the site sumwhere.but they are very good at what they do,cant big them up enuff.

dont think i know the answer to that one mate, i was just sayin for tunes that are already released i dont think u can go cut em, besides it would sound really bad seeing as they were once on vinyl then recorded to mp3 then put back on vinyl?? :confused:

Nah thats not true. The sound quality doesn't falter through transition I don't think. Especially if you think it was produced on a computer and then cut to vinyl. That original computer production file is what they would use to rip an mp3 wav flac.

How abouts I email Hospital and find out, and let you lot know.

at the end of the day everything done thru paypal u can always get ur money bak.i use discogs and not had a problem yet.....but may b im jus lucky.

Back
Top Bottom