Getting musical key ID's for vinyls

djSTRETCHdnb

Hello ladies and gentlemen. I'm new to this forum but not to dnb. After life experiences and time off i came back to my djing with a new attitude, to improve my mixing and song selections. I got some cd decks and started looking up the keys for each song which has made djing amazing. I'm now faced with the task of figuring out all the keys for my vinyls. Does anyone know of a site that lists the tracks and keys? that would be a MASSIVE database i know but what other choice do i have? I need them to be 100% correct.

If anyone can suggest a site, or method i'm all ears.

what other choice do i have?
you could learn a bit of musical theory, and work it out yourself. there's only 12 notes in an octave.

I dont buy the whole mixing 'in key' thing tho...half the time what sounds right doesnt really equate to what 'looks' right on paper

As far as I know doesn't music change key when you speed up and slow down?
thats another thing I don't get about mixing in key. if you have 2 tunes in C maj (for example) but one of them is say 5bpm faster than the other, when the tempos are matched up the keys will be out.

unless whatever software is about now does timestretching to alter speed, instead of straight re-sampling?

Beatport has some of the keys. Guess it doesn't help with older stuff you may have on vinyl though

well that fucking sucks ass. I know its no problem for digital tunes. I had some program called key finder or something but you cant slide in a vinyl into the disc drive unfortunately,i tried. My next option is recording the vinyl to my pc, then running each fucking track in that key finder program [PULLS HAIR OUT]. Hey i'm listening to a gta3 radio station called MSXFM - a continuous moving shadow mix, anyone ever heard it? its sick for being on a video game.
What kind of dj gear do you guys/girls use? and any mods you've done to them.

Beatport has some of the keys. Guess it doesn't help with older stuff you may have on vinyl though

i've heard the name beatport, what goes on there? previewing tracks or downloads? i've got dnb vinyls from the 90s-2015 that i'd like to know what their recorded key is!

Use your ears. I've tried MIK, big pile of poo, some of my favourite mixes should have been crap according to MIK.
i have used my ears, and sometimes the tracks sound good but they dont work well or transition well. i'll admit before i got my cd decks thats all i could do is pick one that sounds like the former track.
i do thank you for replying. all of you.

Just use the energy you're using on looking for something that may or may not exist to practice mate. Beatport is a site for buying mp3's, It's worth checking out.
Perhaps if you google say Artist - Tune then the word key you may have some luck, I just tried it on a couple eg. Calyx - True ID Key, but I still think practice is the best bet.

Just use the energy you're using on looking for something that may or may not exist to practice mate. Beatport is a site for buying mp3's, It's worth checking out.
Perhaps if you google say Artist - Tune then the word key you may have some luck, I just tried it on a couple eg. Calyx - True ID Key, but I still think practice is the best bet.
your probably right. i want them labled for the ones i dont play as often. After finding the keys of my digital tracks, the songs mix WAY better. but practice makes perfect. thanks for your reply!

Back
Top Bottom