getting motivation

4est&Cal

hey folks,

the most of the time we really enjoy producing
but at some days we just cant get motivated for producing
i think everyone has these days

so our question:
how do you get motivated even if you had a bad day/don't want to produce?

Wondering how people whose work is producing get motivated day after day...

Cheers

I think the best thing to do is mess about with some synths etc.. Make a load of patches, which may give you motivation there and then, if not, you've loaded up on ammo for when you do get on it.. Same with breaks too

We are all different so this is quite a tricky subject to be honest but for me.. I always want to be working on something, I wanna push out new tunes all the times. As you say some days you just dont feel it. I used to sit down and just try to drag something out of me if you know what I mean. But that usually just becomes shit.

So I just started taking one day away from music production and just play some games or what ever, just do something I like to do. Then the next day my motivation to make something is usually higher than ever. So that has worked out really well for me!

But as I said... evryones brain and creativity will work differently so you just have to find a way of working that suites you.

I've red quite alot on the subject actually for the sake of being able to make more stuff. And the thing it says basically everywhere is that you need to reward you brain after having had a studio-session. And by doing so you can extend the admount of time your brain can stay in a creative state of mind.

And rewarding then means, doing something that isnt requiering any creative work and is something you like. So for me its the gaming I go for.

Hope I made any sense atall im very tired lol :lol:

“The advice I like to give young artists, or really anybody who'll listen to me, is not to wait around for inspiration. Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work. All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself. Things occur to you. If you're sitting around trying to dream up a great art idea, you can sit there a long time before anything happens. But if you just get to work, something will occur to you and something else will occur to you and something else that you reject will push you in another direction. Inspiration is absolutely unnecessary and somehow deceptive. You feel like you need this great idea before you can get down to work, and I find that's almost never the case.”
― Chuck Close

I think the best thing to do is mess about with some synths etc.. Make a load of patches, which may give you motivation there and then, if not, you've loaded up on ammo for when you do get on it.. Same with breaks too

i love making drums and i sit and make drums all day every day :) and then i just save them for a rainy day when a actually make a bass patch

“The advice I like to give young artists, or really anybody who'll listen to me, is not to wait around for inspiration. Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work. All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself. Things occur to you. If you're sitting around trying to dream up a great art idea, you can sit there a long time before anything happens. But if you just get to work, something will occur to you and something else will occur to you and something else that you reject will push you in another direction. Inspiration is absolutely unnecessary and somehow deceptive. You feel like you need this great idea before you can get down to work, and I find that's almost never the case.”
― Chuck Close

thats cool - very cool

― Chuck Close

:word: :applause:

One of my favorite inspirational videos, simple and nails the point home.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom