Getting good synths on massive to play more than two notes simultaneously

SynesthesiaC

The synths on massive are great, but I have an issue. Most of the good synths only let you play one note at a time, when you play a chord then only one of the notes will be heard. Some of the lesser synth work fine, but most of the good ones dont seem to let you play two notes at the same time. The same for most of the heavy bass sounds, they mostly use glide and only allow one note to be played at the same time.

There is obviously a setting somewhere to change this, as I've found out in massive you can do just about anything you like to your sound. So any help on how i can do this appreciated.

thanx.

IMO playing 2 notes at the same time on the same channel sounds crap, they start to cancel each other out, the only time i would do this is with sine waves, and only 1 note appart from each other.

your better off modulating both notes seperatley then making them hit at the same time.

IMO playing 2 notes at the same time on the same channel sounds crap, they start to cancel each other out

yeah, and its that cancelling out that I want to turn off.

Not all the synth do this though, only the best more powerful synths, so I presume there is a way to stop this happening. And I'm a piano player, so not being able to play chords is HIGHLY frustrating.

Under Voicing tab, click "polyphon" and above that you can select the maximum polyphony.

It's a rant as old as the Internet but I still wonder why people don't read the manuals. Nowadays when most warezed versions even have manuals it's even more ridiculous. Though it's a good question if you don't know what to look for, as in "polyphony".

i think you mean presets or patches.... massive is a synth, the preset sounds you pick from are patches

sorry to be anal but we'll all end up getting confused

IMO playing 2 notes at the same time on the same channel sounds crap, they start to cancel each other out, the only time i would do this is with sine waves, and only 1 note appart from each other.

your better off modulating both notes seperatley then making them hit at the same time.

mate you should do some research on basic music theory.... yeah sure, playing two notes of a bass patch will sound shit most of the time, but with higher sounds, if you only ever play one note at a time it wont do your track any favours at all

honestly mate, learn a few basic major & minor chords mate.... it will do you the world of good :)

She unwrapped it carefully

Thanks! Bump! He wiped the dust off and gently wrapped it in brown paper. Then he placed the parcel in Reuben's hands.  Racing home, Reuben burst through the front door. His mother was scrubbing the kitchen stove. “Here, Mum! Here!”Reuben exclaimed as he ran to her side. He placed a small box in her work roughened hand.  She unwrapped it carefully, to save the paper. A blue-velvet jewel box appeared. Dora lifted the lid, tears beginning to blur her vision.  In gold lettering on a small, almond-shaped brooch was the word Mother.  It was Mother's Day, 1946.  Dora had never received such a gift; she had no finery except her wedding ring. Speechless, she smiled radiantly and gathered her son into her arms.Come and buy WOTLK Power Leveling,cheap WOTLK Power Leveling, free WOTLK Power Leveling 1-80 level WOTLK Power Leveling at the WOTLK Power Leveling web .

Back
Top Bottom