Getting dubplates cut

Mish Mash

VIP Junglist
ok basically...i NEED to get friday on vinyl

and on discogs its about £50 for it in decent condition

so i want to get it cut to vinyl dubplate, probably with hard noize on the flip

would i be allowed to do this? as in...is it legal, as i didnt make the tune

i emailed dubstudio about 2 weeks ago explaining this and they just never replied. so i assume that means its not legal and they just cudnt be bothered to reply as i clearly wasnt going to be a customer

does anyone on here know the details?

get the mp3s off dnb arena and get it done
don't think theres a problem with that?
tunes are both over 10 years old ffs

i just bought the wavs of friday and hard noize off breakbeat...i already had 320s tho and i cant tell any difference so that was probably a waste of £4.

i think i'll just ask dubstudio to cut them to dub and see what they say

but if i order 2 dubs i get 20% off, making it £32 each. so i reckon i shud get 2. but i dont know what else i want enough to spend £32 on. hmmm...maybe true romance and...dunno i'll think about it...maybe colourwheel or a sped up version of atlantis...much to think about!

With regards to being allowed to do this yes you can, As for what kind of file Ive swore blind for years about 320s providing they're proper ones, i still play 320's in clubs and I think for playback purposes alone they are fine, I certainly can't tell the difference but if put in your situation for the sake of a couple of quid I think I would go with wavs after reading what the purist's say. I have actually cut many plates with dubstudio, not so many recently, I stopped a few years ago after working out what I was wasting a month but found summat else out recently I actually had a copy of a tune which was mastered that I had cut by dubstudio, the tune has since been released and honestly its not until you compare them side by side that you realise the difference. Admittedly if it was nice a few years ago having dubs but in this day and age where cdj's are pretty much standard now I don't see the point, If you really are that desparate Im sure Ive got a spare copy I can look for at a realistic price

so your saying that even when they cut a dubplate from the wav it still doesnt sound as good as the actual vinyl?

and as cdjs cost about £500+ for a decent one id rather just stick to vinyl. and im only really gunna get 1 or 2 dubplates cut so its not gunna be too expensive.

So er.
getting dubs cut in general.

A DnB Faux par?

Only i'd be interested in this, couple of mp3 only releases that i'd like on wax.
Is it ok to do this?

Only 'coz if it's frowned upon i'll give it a miss....

how could it be frowned upon if you've obtained the tune legally through a download site?

don't see the problem. it's only if you're cutting illegal dubs or anything like that, where the problems start to begin.

get it cut to an actual vinyl. no acetate. apart from that, no problems if the songs legally purchased or given by the actual producer!

get it cut to an actual vinyl. no acetate. apart from that, no problems if the songs legally purchased or given by the actual producer!

looked into this myself... seems having a vinyl cut rather than a plate is about the same price and better quality audio and it wont wear out after about 50 plays (and if you have a dub of your own tune, that number will be met pretty quick!)

i just bought the wavs of friday and hard noize off breakbeat...i already had 320s tho and i cant tell any difference so that was probably a waste of £4.

i think i'll just ask dubstudio to cut them to dub and see what they say

but if i order 2 dubs i get 20% off, making it £32 each. so i reckon i shud get 2. but i dont know what else i want enough to spend £32 on. hmmm...maybe true romance and...dunno i'll think about it...maybe colourwheel or a sped up version of atlantis...much to think about!

I'll sell you an original promo copy of friday for £30!

As most people have said, its not a problem mate. Its only the same thing as buying the tune digitaly and copying it to a CD to play out (apart from the cost!)

tbh this seems like ur best bet, considering they're goin for less than a fiva.

re dubs.... for any dubs i get cut i use transitions. You get to sit there and have a musical input in what is being pressed to dub as they cut it there infront of you. Always press wavs as any form of compressed media will have an affect on the quality.

Used dubstudio a couple of times before and the quality aint bad but i prefer the idea of being apart of the cutting and mastering process.

Re gettin the tunes themselves cut. Imho if you have leagally obtained the tune, either via purchase or via the artist, then you are free to cut to dub.

so your saying that even when they cut a dubplate from the wav it still doesnt sound as good as the actual vinyl?

and as cdjs cost about £500+ for a decent one id rather just stick to vinyl. and im only really gunna get 1 or 2 dubplates cut so its not gunna be too expensive.

Thats exactly what Im saying, Its noticable and not just slightly, plus If your going with plastic plates as opposed to actual dubs you wanna invest in a good set of needles too becuase as much as they say that you can scratch and all that trust me you can't, And the end of the day Im somebody who used to cut loads but then after working it out a cdj is better value for money all day long especially with the way things are going with cd albums more often than not having extra tracks. I love vinyl, Nothing beats the hands on feel of it, Dont get me wrong CDJ's do kinda take the fun out of it but when you start taking into account how much you spend on vinyl and how many vinyls you purchase are actually just disposable tunes which your soon gonna tire of the price of a cdj doesnt seem so steep, And thats just looking at it with normal priced vinyl, If your talking plates you do the maths 20 dubs or a cdj, I know which one I would favour all day long

i hadn't seen that before...looks very tasty...especially for the price!!!

but it wud be good to have friday and hard noize on one vinyl which i know will be in good condition rather than 'good plus'.

especially since ive already bought the wavs of both of them

but i'll think about it.

and does any1 know if triple x is ever gunna get a release? cos i mite get true romance/triple x cut to dub aswell. cos if i buy 2 dubs i save 20%

do what NuEra said.

MASSIVE MASSIVE MASSIVE MASSIVE

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom