Getting a Tattoo

Sislej

I'm thinking about getting my first tattoo. Was thinking about Chinese but it might turn out to be some random things that read Chicken Chow Mein.

What's your tattoo if you have any? And do you think it's a good idea to get one? Do you sometimes regret it?

Joey AdhD

sweaty scouser
VIP Junglist
swerve the chinese lettering, u will always regret it, if i was you i would take alot of time over what ya want, dont jus jump in and get some cheap shit...

hows about a fried brekkie on ya head? always a winner with the ladies.

Osime

Official Japanese Student
VIP Junglist
I want a tattoo as well. I was thinking of getting the type-font from "From Deep Space" written on my shoulder blade. So basically my suggestion is get an album that is timeless to you attached to your body via ink and hep. B.

motion audio

VIP Junglist
If your getting one just because you want a tattoo, your probably going to end up not liking it. I always think its gota be something that means something, or something you'll never change your mind about.

hows about a fried brekkie on ya head? always a winner with the ladies.

Every time I see this I'm just as shocked. Although by my own argument, a fri up would always be nice

DeeGun

Notable Member
VIP Junglist
If your getting one just because you want a tattoo, your probably going to end up not liking it. I always think its gota be something that means something, or something you'll never change your mind about.
THIS.

Don´t get any chinese signs or tribals - everybody has it and it my opinion, even if its supposed to mean sth..it means nothing. Just:"Look at my tat, I´m cool." Fuckin Fashion.
Don´t get tattooed at spots everybody can see ^^ and don´t - for fucks sake - get a dnb tattoo.
Its still your choice tho ;)

I got 2 tats and they´re not even big and you can´t see them normally.

Radius

Its all a scam so start stealing
VIP Junglist
I wanted to get celtic swirls all in uv all over my face. I didn't cos I spent all my money on teh drugs I was on at teh time. So drugs arn't always bad.
Now, well everyone has a tattoo..I'd rather find some tribe that does scars and get a cool tribal scar patter done , but it would have to mean something other than I let some pigmy cut my arm up with a razor to make me look cool.

mcsketcha

Sketchamus
VIP Junglist
Ive got about twenty tattoos, its sounds a lot but most of them are my own designs or something that means a lot to me. I don't regret any of mine, the only good advice I can give is don't rush in and get any old thing and make sure its really original.

DJ Spliff

Never Enuff Vinyl
VIP Junglist
I always heard that most of the time you end up regretting it but I don't regret mine. Just make sure you get something that you'll be happy with and means something like Motion Audio said. Definitely don't get any Chinese lettering. Thank really hard about what you want to permanently be embedded in your skin for all time.

---------- Post added at 08:47 ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 ----------

I need to get the classic Kids name and birth date on me. What else is gonna hold as much significance as that?

Scatcat

It don't mean shit
VIP Junglist
Mate, i gotta be honest I think the best thing to do in this situation is to do as little pre-planning as possible. Just walk in and pick a design off the wall - the bigger the better too, and make sure it's in a place you (and preferably others) see all of the time, that way you won't get bored of it. Trust me on this one mate.

dose.bs1

THE DADDY
VIP Junglist
I got a chinese style sleeve on my left arm, tattoo almost half sleeved on my rght arm, tattoo on left lower leg, small one on my back etc etc. If you think you might even regret it then I wouldnt bother cause you probably will!

I got one yesterday and love it, i want more just coz it feels so nice haha but clearly wouldnt

Have to say bout chinese/languages i dont understand why people choose to have a different language when the language means nothing to them ... if you want words have them in english surely

dose.bs1

THE DADDY
VIP Junglist
I got one yesterday and love it, i want more just coz it feels so nice haha but clearly wouldnt

Have to say bout chinese/languages i dont understand why people choose to have a different language when the language means nothing to them ... if you want words have them in english surely
Yeah I agree with that, different styles as in chinesetc is cool.

Give it a year or so and your back down the tat shop!

chanty

VIP Junglist
sketcha your sig is heavy mate! would love for u to design me a tattoo, i got one graffiti tattoo on my right shoulder, want another picture somewhere. maybe a small one on my hand but struggling with ideas..

Last edited: