gettin a cd deck

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by MARKLAR, Jun 19, 2008.

1. MARKLAR

MARKLAR International Tracksuit Salesman

i am gonna buy meself a cd deck at the end of the month just wonderin wats the best 1 to go for!
    im lookin to spend up2 £150.
    any ideas??
    cheers

2. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

Numark Axis range, probly cost you a bit more but it'll be well worth it.

3. MARKLAR

isthe jog weel any good on em???

4. jay walker

jay walker 1/2 of Passive/Aggressive

http://www.decks.co.uk/products/cdplayers/numark/cdn22mk3

ive got one of these, basic tings, but got all the functions you need from a cd deck to intergrate into a vinyl set. the jog wheel is cack, but all you need is the +/- to tweek the track into sync. cheap cheerful an its a twin cd deck! ;)

5. Riisu

Riisu Not the Preacher Man

i've got the axis 4, had it about 2 months now and i'm well happy - especially as it was only £130 inluding delivery, brand new, with warrenty etc...
    the jog wheel is pretty decent. takes a bit of getting used to obviously, but once you get the hang of it, it's really effective and precise i find - you can adjust quite dramaticly in the imx and it doesn't sound as if you're doing so... if that makes sense.
    i alternate between that and the pitch bend buttons (which are slightly more effective for minute variations)

cueing is simple as - again, once you get used to it. you can search through the track pretty well too. cd loading time is fairly quick for a slide draw. bpm counter is a bit wank, but then you don't really need that.

can't really think of any bad points for the price really. pitch fader takes a bit of getting used to, you have to be really reallyprecise with it.

but i'd definatly reccomend it (y)

i was looking into getting these but didn't really have the space put them anywhere properly ihn my set up unfortunatly. woulda been nice to have the potential of 4 decks going....
    but i've used a similar variant of them and they're not bad. fairly easy to mix with. find it hard to lock in on them sometimes though... the pitch fader is too small on them.

6. MARKLAR

yea ill probly get that axis 4 1!
    looks cool

http://www.djstore.com/item/cd/gemcdj202.htm

saw this tho but im to impatient to wait for it to come out!lol