Get Laid (V1)

Manu Forti

Detached Audio
VIP Junglist
orite guys so i was working on some atmospheric track at the wknd and i just got pissed with it and started something else. i had old stoner rock bands in mind when i done this one nirvhana qotsa etc

anyway have a listen see what you think

its a bit different though lol enjoy oh and feedback welcome need all the help i can get

http://soundcloud.com/jawgawn/get-laid-v1

it didnt really sound good to be honest... found it really boring. just listening to those long notes going on and on....

hmm youve got a point there. i thouhgt some of the ideas near end would have made it more intresting but hey V1 so ill get it reworked TY

i understand what u were trying to do w/ that guitar-like sound, but u should cut up the note(s), flip it, etc. make an actual bassline and have the distorted guitar as a lead/hook.

i know ur using a drum loop, but no worries. everyone uses loops at some point, the trick is to make it not sound like one by cuttin' it up in certain areas; add more build ups and breakdowns w/ those drumz.

u need to up your overall mastering too. get your grubby mitts on izotope ozone or something, but work on the other stuff first.

hope that helps.

i understand what u were trying to do w/ that guitar-like sound, but u should cut up the note(s), flip it, etc. make an actual bassline and have the distorted guitar as a lead/hook.

i know ur using a drum loop, but no worries. everyone uses loops at some point, the trick is to make it not sound like one by cuttin' it up in certain areas; add more build ups and breakdowns w/ those drumz.

u need to up your overall mastering too. get your grubby mitts on izotope ozone or something, but work on the other stuff first.

hope that helps.

i was going to bin this after lucids reply but i think ill persevere and make it more intresting, i get what your saying about the needing a proper bassline and use guitar as lead i was totaly missing that

layered a loop in there right enough more so as i thought the loop worked but yeah ill try and avoid them and use redrum a bit better

totaly lost when it comes to mastering particularly with this track some sounds are totaly drowned out by the time ive converted to mp3 for soundcloud and the guitar sounds quite a bit different only been doing this for 3 + weeks so not sure why its doing that ill look into it

anyhow thanks for listening

Back
Top Bottom