Get Carter - old school

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Dustek, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

I watch one of the best British films ever, Get Carter (Michael Caine, not the crap Stallone version), from time to time.

The music to the film is mindblowingly good. There's one track - "Carter gets a train" which just has to be d&b 20 years before its time. Mean rolling bass that the Ez Rollers wouldn't be shamed of, a broken beat, atmospheric sounds a la Dom&Roland and stabbing keys that Pendulum would love to nick. All built to a classic pattern that just shouts sequencer. And Roy Budd recorded it all live. There is an awesome video to go with the track with Roy Budd playing a series of organs, much like Liam Howlett plays Prodigy live.

Anybody heard of a decent d&b remix of the track?

2. popeye

popeye I've been naughty, I'm banned

can u put up the original?

3. mesh

mesh Active Member

sounds interesting, and no i havent heard of a remix. maybe it could be sampled effectively?

4. D BREAKNECK

D BREAKNECK 7 years on top

Great movie. Know the track you mean.

for the atmospheric movies check Alfie (old school, of course, just Jude Law shite), and also Gangster Number 1 for a modern stylish homage to the 60's London gangsters.

5. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

Sample probably wouldn't work - the sounds interlay with each other. I'll take a look though...