DnB German Rookie Needs Production Advices

JoJabes

Hey guys, I started to produce in oktober 2016. I started this song 2 days ago. I nearly did all sounds by myself (except some percussion elements and the voice before the drop). I looped the song to get some lenght, to show it to you guys. How does it sound in terms of quality? what to do better to achieve a better sound? I did nearly no chord progession. I just wanted to bounce basses this time. Thanks for your time :)

learn about how to keep things in their own frequency ranges, most of the sounds sound good to me, the composition isn't too good though like you said you've just looped it but in my experience, a good tune will always trump a super produced one, look at the tracks that you'd like to be like, take inspiration, analyse what parts of them achieve what makes them great. learning how to write in keys and scales is paramount to getting all your parts sounding good together. what i normally do is just search a scale i want to work in and just stick to those notes. if you do that you'll find most things you write within it will all sound pretty good together, takes away the guess work if you aren't trained like me. keep it up dude or dudette or whatever people class themselves as these days

Hello mate.. not a bad track for starters! I agree on frequency separation, check YouTube, there are plenty of how-to videos. In addition I suggest 2 things for arrangement of ur track: 1) try to on/off various elements throughout the track. The synth is running pretty much all time. Stop after a 16/32 bar play and then keep just the bass and vocal hook, this should create a few interesting changes. Later on you reintroduce part by part again, possibly with slightly modification in sound to keep it interesting, 2) add some automation (I.e. EQ, filter, effects) to the synth and/or bass to add movement in order to avoid they sound the same every time. Hope this helps, no worries, good work so far! Cheers!

Last edited:
Thanks for the nice feedback!. I will work on what you guys told me, and keep you updated. Maybe i can fix some issues this weekend.
<3

Back
Top Bottom