Genre help please.

Hyperkid420

I have allways loved the sound of drum and bass and just recently figured out the name of this great genre of techno and i was wondering there is this song called, "Tarantula" By Pendulum & DJ Fresh. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-gsUSJpLhg and about 50 seconds in it has a kick ass sound, and i was wondering if there is like a sub genre of dnb that sounds like this, and if i could possibly find alot more music with this heavy dnb sound.

Help us much appreciated :D

Hyper

i get what he's saying. But i'm pretty bummed out about him saying that 'dnb is a great genre of techno'. Ehhhh, nah?

To find dnb that you like, stop thinking about it being like techno. Because it isn't. DRUM and BASS. Techno is more bliep bliep woing woing. Not that i don't love it aswell though. But not as a good drum and bass tune. Also, don't start looking for dnb that's sounds like pendulum to find something you'll probably like. Start from scratch, download some mixes, and you'll find some tracks or shit that you'll love. Then you know what subgenre you're really in for. You can find lots of mixes on the forum here. In 'Mixes and Tracklistening'...

But as Jakue08 probably let you realize: your rattling sounded pretty dumb mate. Don't drop the name pendulum too much here too. They've practicly betrayed the dnb crowd. Dnb got them where they are now, and when their moment of universal breakthrough came close, they spat in the faces of dnb community by saying the genre is losing it, that they don't really wanna be part of it anymore, and all that shit.

I heard a damn good quote about this: Don't forget that the people that you used and betrayed on your way up are the ones you'll have to face when you're falling back down.

the sound that comes in around 50 seconds is the bass line.
its an important part of drum and BASS.
if u like that song then u will prob enjoy other tracks that loosely fit into the jump up sub genre of drum and bass

i love techno

that's an annual event in belgium actually. 'i love techno'. :D

>>> www.ilovetechno.be

2000929-i-love-techno-2009.jpg

I have allways loved the sound of drum and bass and just recently figured out the name of this great genre of techno and i was wondering there is this song called, "Tarantula" By Pendulum & DJ Fresh. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-gsUSJpLhg and about 50 seconds in it has a kick ass sound, and i was wondering if there is like a sub genre of dnb that sounds like this, and if i could possibly find alot more music with this heavy dnb sound.

Help us much appreciated :D

Hyper

dirty dancefloor dnb with heavy square wave type basslines.... TC,Dillinja,Heist,Tantrum Desire...

wow... I had no clue that so many people in the dnb community have that much sand in their snatches..

thanks those of you who actually put in info. I'm sorry to those who thought what i said was muffd up, as i said i am quite a noob to this type of music, and you all are right and that i am sorry and wont make myself look like such a jackass in the future. I did look up pendulum in the past and really dont like his music. just that one song that i put a link up to. and i guess when i said "techno" i meant more like "electronic music"? Maby not, maby more of you are going to flame me now because i said electronic music. whatever. thanks anyways.

Last edited:
i thought this was a windup at first... but yeah, subfocus, pendulum & chase and status are probably your thing my man!

wow... I had no clue that so many people in the dnb community have that much sand in their snatches..

thanks those of you who actually put in info. I'm sorry to those who thought what i said was muffd up, as i said i am quite a noob to this type of music, and you all are right and that i am sorry and wont make myself look like such a jackass in the future. I did look up pendulum in the past and really dont like his music. just that one song that i put a link up to. and i guess when i said "techno" i meant more like "electronic music"? Maby not, maby more of you are going to flame me now because i said electronic music. whatever. thanks anyways.

ay, no prob mate. Admit, you've learned alot by asking this, so maybe honesty is still a virtue.
Electronic music would be better indeed.

And as richie said: if you're in for this commercial branch of drum and bass, made by artists who will turn their backs on our beloved scene anytime soon, chase and status & sub focus are the way to go (nothing against you though mate, if that's what you think). :)

dont listen to them lot anyway... the drum and bass crew is generally a bunch of nobs anyway...!! they just dont like to admit it :) WELCOME TO THE GANG

Poor kid, if hes new to dnb he dont know the ins and outs of it init give him a break poor fucker

Hopefully you lot aint scared him off now haha, prob gona never listen to dnb again :(

Back
Top Bottom