Genesis Interview & Competition. **2 Free entries**

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by InReach, Jun 17, 2013.

1. InReach

InReach Active Member

Yes people! Been speaking about the upcoming Genesis for months now and have to say I cannot wait any longer.. Just one more week to go and i’ll be back down in Vauxhall @ Fire for a stinking line up from of some of the freshest in the scene. We caught up with Sam (below), one of the forerunners within camp:

So Genesis! With your 3rd birthday coming up on the 21st of June, we just thought it right to give our readers an insight into how it all came together.

In-Reach – Can you give us a bit of history behind Genesis? how did it all begin?

Sam: Genesis – We formed back in late 2009 and the aim was to put on events in our local area (West London) as there was nothing else happening there at the time. We’d regularly travel across London to see our favourite artists playing out, so we (stupidly) thought it would be easier to bring them closer to us! In the early days we were all about being the only drum and bass event in West London, which we used as a platform to grow into what we are about today, which is pushing forward thinking drum and bass music to a much wider audience across London and beyond.

In-Reach -Who is behind the scene @ genesis, tell us a little about yourselves?

Sam: Genesis -There’s 3 of us, myself (Sam), Jason and Lucie that are involved in the day to day running of Genesis. Then there is Liv who is our online editor and Wayne who is one of our main feature writer on the blog. We’re trying to expand the team all the time, (because it means less work for me!).
    In-Reach -We know you guys ran Drum & Bass Diaries, where did that concept come from and can you see it diversing in the future?
    Sam: Genesis - The Drum and Bass Diaries is Lucie’s baby, its a separate company to Genesis. I know she started it because she wanted to give fans of the music a glimpse into some of the artists lives and opinions and shed light onto some of what goes on behind the scenes. I’ve recently come on board with her on The Drum & Bass Diaries and we have some really big plans for videos in the very near future!

In-Reach - We’d like to know more on your new night “Trap” We know it caters for other genres outside of dnb.. whats the story with it?

Sam: Genesis - Yeah I recently started up a new brand called Trap93 which currently holds a weekly residency at The Nest every Tuesday (plug.) Im looking to do a lot of things with it including a record label and a fashion label… it’s going to be much more than just an event! I’ve always dabbled in other genres though, apart from Genesis, Jason and myself run a few other nights as well doing old skool garage, house, jungle, dubstep and more commercial stuff. Genesis is always going to be the one that means the most to me personally though.

In-Reach - And lastly, what’s in store for Genesis in the future, any info on the next big night?

Sam: Genesis - We’re aiming to have the next night sometime in October once everyone is back off their summer holidays and ready to hit the clubs again. We’re currently looking for a really interesting venue to host the night, but that’s all I can say on that one for now!

In-Reach - Finally if you wanna hand out some props feel free

Sam: Genesis - Shouts out to the whole family, Jason, Lucie, Liv, Wayne & Sense and also the artists that support us, you know who you are!
    Peep the line up for Friday’s event below:
    (Competition details follow)

*** Competition ***
    There are 2 guestlist spaces to be won! the guys from Genesis have given us 2 guestlist spaces to give away, All you have to do is fire over 2 names to info@in-reach.co.uk . Winners will be announced during the week via email and our facebook page, good luck!

TICKETS
    £5 / £8 / £12 / £15 / More on the door
    Available from: www.genesisnights.co.uk orhttp://tinyurl.com/bs2k6kx

www.in-reach.co.uk

2. InReach

InReach Active Member

Just 2 more days to get your names over to info@in-reach.co.uk for free entry this Friday. 2 winners picked at random ;)

3. InReach

InReach Active Member

Winners announced and 2 people have been contacted. Thanks for all those who entered! We will have plenty more competitions coming up over the coming months.

See you all down @ Genesis tomorrow people :D