Generation Dub - Deliverance EP... Opinions plz?

Messages
373
Likes
0
#1
Personally...

What a fucking joke. Make one half acceptable tune combine it with a load of rubbish and stick it out on a label that is supposed to be one of the most respected in the business. Makes me sick. I feel embarrased to call this drum and bass. Formation no disrespect but fixup!!!

:mad_guy:
 

Bad Ace

Close2Death
VIP Junglist
Messages
3,319
Likes
10
#2
DJAccess said:
Personally...

What a fucking joke. Make one half acceptable tune combine it with a load of rubbish and stick it out on a label that is supposed to be one of the most respected in the business. Makes me sick. I feel embarrased to call this drum and bass. Formation no disrespect but fixup!!!

:mad_guy:
the only tune i do like on that ep is the 3rd 1 i fink :321:
 

GreenBoy

Active Member
VIP Junglist
Messages
1,236
Likes
6
#4
freeagent said:
Not a fan of G-Dub or the Formation sound of late....
well partly i agree with you, they have been jumping on the bandwagon blues with all those generation dub, twisted and distorted minds tunes, but their have been good releases aswell, like pressure remix, take my, lazor razor (yeah well that was 2 years ago, but still heevy!!!)

but yeah, i gotta agree with access aswell, too much stuff that doesnt need to be released gets to see the light of day.

never been a fan of the month series or now the signs series, but i just gotta tell that this money scheme is a little bit disturbing :mad:

:sleep:
 

nasher

Gangsta Status
Messages
348
Likes
0
#6
its one of those lps where there is one good choon, and the others seemingly have no effort put into them whatsoever. just like many b sides on singles.
 

Serum

Well-Known Member
VIP Junglist
Messages
2,100
Likes
153
#7
Generation dub are shit IMO
Haven't liked a single one of their solo tracks, only half decent thing they've done is the champion sound remix and you'd have to try real hard to fuck that one up
 

Caution

dnbforum.com
VIP Junglist
Messages
1,558
Likes
1
#8
Been dropping Deliverance and Puppet Master out for a while so niether were really new to me when I got the ep through the post. I actually like every single track on there to be honest........

:]
 

GreenBoy

Active Member
VIP Junglist
Messages
1,236
Likes
6
#9
Caution said:
Been dropping Deliverance and Puppet Master out for a while so niether were really new to me when I got the ep through the post. I actually like every single track on there to be honest........:]







:lol_board
 

Caution

dnbforum.com
VIP Junglist
Messages
1,558
Likes
1
#10
GreenBoy said:
It's all good to me though. I like to mix up all styles when I play out. I see no need for all the hating. If liking something and having people going crazy, screaming for it to be rewound everytime i've played those tracks is wrong then I guess im just plain wrong.....

Gen Dub have worked hard to get to where they are, the big boys smash their tracks left, right and center all over the world, im sure they are perfectly happy with the way things are going for them right now. Deliverance EP will fly off the shelves, wait and see.......

:]
 

azonica

Source / HQ
Messages
127
Likes
0
#11
DJAccess said:
Personally...

What a fucking joke. Make one half acceptable tune combine it with a load of rubbish and stick it out on a label that is supposed to be one of the most respected in the business. Makes me sick. I feel embarrased to call this drum and bass. Formation no disrespect but fixup!!!

:mad_guy:


:applause:

Exactly what i think :)
 

azonica

Source / HQ
Messages
127
Likes
0
#13
Caution said:
Ez Azonica

Are you actually playing every one of those dates listed in your sig or are you on rotation at those events?

Just wondering........

:]
Playing at every HQ now, and the source i'm on rotation , just got added to the residents, pretty chuffed about it too :D

Looking forward to getting back to Terra soon :miss_rep:
 

Caution

dnbforum.com
VIP Junglist
Messages
1,558
Likes
1
#14
azonica said:
Playing at every HQ now, and the source i'm on rotation , just got added to the residents, pretty chuffed about it too :D

Looking forward to getting back to Terra soon :miss_rep:
Cool, Manik told me about the Source resident spots but mentioned that part of the deal was you have to flyer for them and spots would only be between 9.30 and 10.30 playing liquid / rollers so I let it slide for now.....

Fair play anyway mate, i'll have to come and catch you play sometime.

:afro:
 

azonica

Source / HQ
Messages
127
Likes
0
#15
there now between 10.30 - 12 coz of the later licence, but i'll settle for anything :D

yeah it would be cool if you came down, me and Dave are doing a 2.5 hour B2B set at the next HQ :rasta:
 

freeagent

Almost 30
VIP Junglist
Messages
1,890
Likes
1
#17
Caution said:
It's all good to me though. I like to mix up all styles when I play out. I see no need for all the hating. If liking something and having people going crazy, screaming for it to be rewound everytime i've played those tracks is wrong then I guess im just plain wrong.....

Gen Dub have worked hard to get to where they are, the big boys smash their tracks left, right and center all over the world, im sure they are perfectly happy with the way things are going for them right now. Deliverance EP will fly off the shelves, wait and see.......

:]
Fair play, mate. I'm not trying to hate, just don't particularly care for the sound.

And it's not to say that I hate everything on Formation/Reformed. I purchased and cained Soiled Snatch/Rusty Sheriff's Badge, Take My/Back For More (Rmx), Like a Bird (Rmx), Bandwagon Blues, etc. They just seem to miss more rather than hit for me ATM.
 

H20

H20@cre8
Messages
43
Likes
0
#19
Caution said:
Been dropping Deliverance and Puppet Master out for a while so niether were really new to me when I got the ep through the post. I actually like every single track on there to be honest........

:]
blatent!!!! gen dub ave done a few gud ting and this album wos good 2. formation and all the sister labels r still banging sum heavy tunes
:banana:
 

H20

H20@cre8
Messages
43
Likes
0
#20
DJAccess said:
Personally...

What a fucking joke. Make one half acceptable tune combine it with a load of rubbish and stick it out on a label that is supposed to be one of the most respected in the business. Makes me sick. I feel embarrased to call this drum and bass. Formation no disrespect but fixup!!!

:mad_guy:
sorry i jus dont agree. gen dub and all the formation/reformed boys ave been puttin out a lot of gud stuff. stress related, player haters, bandwagon blues and all the months and star sign tunes just to name a few. :nono: :gun:
 
Top