Okies,
I just spent a few days configuring my OS for production
Im used to use reason until i went forth and learnt cubase
Now im strapped =[
How do you piece your tracks together?
Im proper stumped on where to start
So much to work on and so little time lol
Thanks for the advice in advance =]

Is the question how to start and build a track?

If it is then I usually start with drums, try single kicks and snares, then add single hats, add a break or two.. I create the drum pattert wich will be the main theme (drop), then start copy'ng and adjusting them.

Next i usually make the bassline or start creating an ambiance(mood of a track), I make the first drop, then i make an intro to a drop,

after that i copy the first drop(at the place where second one is gona be) and apply changes, to make the 2nd drop sound a little different. Then i try some different elements, stabs, look for some crashes, sweeps to glue it all together.

And go on and on and on, add elements n stuff, when im happy with the track, I do the mixdown, I lower all the mixer channel faders at 0, then i raise volume of kicks, snares, hats, breaks to make them peak at -8 to -10 db. then i rase volume of other inserts to make everything peak at -6db. When its all done i bounce the wav and put on a maximizer or a limiter (with the threshold of -6 to -10) to just make it louder for sending out or playing at gigs or radio shows.

Hope it helps

Why Buy bearing form us

Professional china bearing wholesaler company.oem-bearing.com is a leading world-wide wholesaler company. We supply more than 100 thousand high-quality merchandise and famous brand name products, all at wholesale prices. Begin online shopping now and start your wholesale sourcing here today. Experience professional service and quality products made in China.skf bearingWhy not become our member now?Registering to be a member will only take seconds, after which we will reward you with a member-only coupon, usable immediately. You'll also receive free help from our sales representatives, from answering all your questions to recommending the latest products. All we require is a valid email address. Get discounts Start buying online now!fag bearingWholesale in very low minimum quantity You can try our first class services by initially making small quantity orders. Most of our merchandises can be initially purchased in single units as a sample product and also at sample prices. Buy larger amounts and receive discounts and cheaper prices.nsk bearingFast delivery for wholesale from China We use DHL, EMS and UPS to ship all our packages. From China to major destinations such as the U.S., Europe and Australia, the total shipping time only takes 2 to 5 days. No hassle!bearing

I can never make a track out of nothing, without some general idea or theme on where to start. This can be a melody that's been bothering me for a while, or a certain bass sound, or some technological gimmick that's crossed my mind.

Most of the time it's a single sample that I start building upon.

Is the question how to start and build a track?

If it is then I usually start with drums, try single kicks and snares, then add single hats, add a break or two.. I create the drum pattert wich will be the main theme (drop), then start copy'ng and adjusting them.

Next i usually make the bassline or start creating an ambiance(mood of a track), I make the first drop, then i make an intro to a drop,

after that i copy the first drop(at the place where second one is gona be) and apply changes, to make the 2nd drop sound a little different. Then i try some different elements, stabs, look for some crashes, sweeps to glue it all together.

And go on and on and on, add elements n stuff, when im happy with the track, I do the mixdown, I lower all the mixer channel faders at 0, then i raise volume of kicks, snares, hats, breaks to make them peak at -8 to -10 db. then i rase volume of other inserts to make everything peak at -6db. When its all done i bounce the wav and put on a maximizer or a limiter (with the threshold of -6 to -10) to just make it louder for sending out or playing at gigs or radio shows.

Hope it helps

I usually do the opposite of this...I have a click for tempo, but build the atmospherics, melodies, samples, etc. first and let those elements influence what the drums will be.

I'm not sure that there is a "right" or "wrong" way to do this...prolly the most important thing is that you are simply doing it.

Josh

I can never make a track out of nothing, without some general idea or theme on where to start. This can be a melody that's been bothering me for a while, or a certain bass sound, or some technological gimmick that's crossed my mind.

Most of the time it's a single sample that I start building upon.

This is it right here.

There have been days when I sit down to produce with nothing premeditated. And guess what the result is? Nothing.

@CH3SH
You gotta have at least a vague idea of what kinda song you're trying to make. Forget the sounds for now, just think about what KIND OF song this is?

Laid back LTJ Bukem style?
Harsh Noisia reece?
Ass spanking DnB Spor?

You gotta know the mood the song has to be in, that's the easy part.

Then think about the sounds...

some people might disagree w/ this, buuut.....

are you really all set? do you have the right gear (hardware/software)? it does matter.
and
are you in a truly comfortable spot? this does have to do w/ spending a lil more as well. :(

for example, have you gotten a keyboard yet? it's real important and a lot more comfortable than the mousey all the time. and make sure your set up doesnt wreck your back and that youre actually awake and not too tired.

then start w/ whatever you feel first. i prefer starting w/ drums first then melody, and i work in my basslines towards the end (especially w/ the hip hop stuff i do).

hope that's what you're askin'.

are you gonna rewire at all?

Thanks for the supply of replys so far guys,
Let me be a little moe specific lol =]
Personally iv been a longtime fan of Tech Dnb by the likes of limewax, tech itch, current value etc etc
So far im liking Kama's idea as iv sat and worked out a few production techniques in my head =]
GiDrik, your idea isnt at all bad, but i like things with far more variation, but its my bad for not being specific lol
Fevezz i totally agree its all about the hardware and software, though i have recently upgarded everything that i need from monitors to soundcard to software and samples
My only problem is that whilst using reason i always ended up with 60 1.30min tracks and no finished conflict lol
To be a little more specific im just wanting to see how everyone else builds up there tracks from scratch as in what procedure they follow, wether its start with the bass or hammer on a layered break =]
P.S What the fuck is with the Bearing spamming, whos gunna want bearings on a dnb forum!!

Laid back LTJ Bukem style?
Harsh Noisia reece?
Ass spanking DnB Spor?

You gotta know the mood the song has to be in, that's the easy part.

Then think about the sounds...

+ 100000

I dont just mess around too, i have a strict idea of what im about to create, forgot to mension it.

Thanks for the supply of replys so far guys,
Let me be a little moe specific lol =]
Personally iv been a longtime fan of Tech Dnb by the likes of limewax, tech itch, current value etc etc
So far im liking Kama's idea as iv sat and worked out a few production techniques in my head =]
GiDrik, your idea isnt at all bad, but i like things with far more variation, but its my bad for not being specific lol
Fevezz i totally agree its all about the hardware and software, though i have recently upgarded everything that i need from monitors to soundcard to software and samples
My only problem is that whilst using reason i always ended up with 60 1.30min tracks and no finished conflict lol
To be a little more specific im just wanting to see how everyone else builds up there tracks from scratch as in what procedure they follow, wether its start with the bass or hammer on a layered break =]
P.S What the fuck is with the Bearing spamming, whos gunna want bearings on a dnb forum!!

I'm in the same boat, 50 unfinished tracks that sound 'okay' but nothing extraordinary.

If you want to collaborate, hit me with a PM. I started a thread a couple days ago about collabing with other reasonheads. I live in the US so timing may be hard, I think you're 6 hours ahead.

Anyway lemme know.

I'm in the same boat, 50 unfinished tracks that sound 'okay' but nothing extraordinary.

If you want to collaborate, hit me with a PM. I started a thread a couple days ago about collabing with other reasonheads. I live in the US so timing may be hard, I think you're 6 hours ahead.

Anyway lemme know.

Ahhh cheers man =]
My only problem is im using cubase now and the horizon is so much further with Vst's and DirectX's,
Although i miss reasons versatility and ease of automation,
Id rather have a broader frequency range,
But thanks for the offer =]
(though i dont mind sending personal breaks, raw samples and combi patches, thats if you like your tech lol)

Ahhh cheers man =]
My only problem is im using cubase now and the horizon is so much further with Vst's and DirectX's,
Although i miss reasons versatility and ease of automation,
Id rather have a broader frequency range,
But thanks for the offer =]
(though i dont mind sending personal breaks, raw samples and combi patches, thats if you like your tech lol)

It's all good in the hood!!

Back
Top Bottom