Genelec 8020B

Discussion in 'Production' started by rosco., Feb 13, 2012.

1. rosco.

rosco. New Member

Does anyone have any experience or feedback on mixing dnb with these monitors?

Thanks

2. Saint

Saint Buried Audio

I listened to a couple of different pairs of these Genelecs the other day in a shop and really liked em. They sound really nice, however i'm not sure how flat they are compared to other monitors of comparable price.

Also didn't take any music with me so couldn't test them to music that i knew inside out.

3. rosco.

rosco. New Member

They do sound nice and quite compact compared to say mackies or Yamaha's but was concerned that the lack of low end may be a problem.

4. lostnthesound

lostnthesound Burns Easily in the Sun

Can someone please boot this miserable fuck off the board? He/She/It is spamming every thread.

Sorry, that was off topic.

I found the Genelec's sounded nice, but presented a "colored" sound rather than a proper flat response

5. H*product

H*product Heavyweight product

yea genies are nice enough, def worth their price. the 8020s are a little small but do have more bass than you'd expect. The 8020's hold value 2nd hand better than the bigger models though so if you buy second hand maybe stretch to 8030's.

also genies are built like tanks, I dropped an 8020 about 5 foot and it was fine :)