GEMA to add laptop surcharge in Germany

what are the clubs and DJs doing about it? Surely they cant give in to these cunts

cant get my head around the fact some group of people is allowed to collect money for music they have absolutely nothing to do with. Its like me, just sitting here at my desk now, saying, oi, pay me £500 for a year of playing tunes in a club.

cant get my head around the fact some group of people is allowed to collect money for music they have absolutely nothing to do with.

That´s not the only thing.

If you open a business, you are automatically a member in a chamber of commerce that does absolutely nothing for you but collect money from you.

Then there is the GEZ. They collect licence fees for Radio, TV and the New Media..even if you don´t have any devices.

Street cleaning which doesn´t happen really. You can watch the remains of NYE rot for weeks.

The worst thing that can happen to you is when the council decides to refurbish "your" street, even tho it´s not needed..you gotta pay for that. That can ruin people´s lives.

S´all a bit offtopic now but that pisses me off (n) I once had to renew my nazi ID (16 €, comparison italian ID 6 €) and that woman told me that if I pay more, I´d get it faster..I was like wtf? That´s corruption! And she was like, naw..that´s service.

what the shit

so do you have to pay council tax as well? And do you have a service such as the BBC which the license fee funds? Or do they just collect the money anyway for nothing. What does it even get spent on...? This GEMA.. so they collect royalties for the big artists, but some no name dnb producer wont see any of their money, so where does that go?

fuck that

so do you have to pay council tax as well?

Of course..but that street refurbish thing I was talking about comes extra..let´s say they decide it and there are 10 houses around that street. Refurbishing costs 250000 €, that´s 25000 € per household. That´s a sum. What the fuck are you going to do if you´re retired? Probably kill yourself.

And do you have a service such as the BBC which the license fee funds? Or do they just collect the money anyway for nothing.

Well if I´m right, feel free to correct me, you only have to pay the BBC if you´re really watching television. In Germany you have to pay even if you don´t have any devices to do so. It´s a compulsory charge.

What does it even get spent on...?

Well they collect around 8 billion..and they don´t spend too much on their programmes. They have built specialty channels with about 80 % of the stuff there - reruns. Radio channels where there is hours of the same broadcast..on all of them. Just another fraud.

Then they have a show on saturday evenings where they invite packs of hollywood cunts and mainstream shit music artists that cost loads of money.

In Italy they collect about 9 € (Germany 18 €) or something and it´s a much better entertainment.

Last edited:
yeah you only have to pay the license fee if you own a television or watch it live online.

are the nazis actually still in power? :teeth:

AusweisdreinenAuslanddeutschen.jpg

:teeth:

yeah you only have to pay the license fee if you own a television or watch it live online.

are the nazis actually still in power? :teeth:

Somehow..all these institutions are remains of that era.

Last edited:
Comment on the website:

I use AIFF, flac and wav. Am I exempt from the mp3 law?

Interesting point.

Or will they charge more if you use higher quality?

This is such a load of crap and im fairly certain it violates human rights.

In addition, if the person has paid for the tune they can do whatever the hell they want with it as long as they are not pirating it as far as im aware? And when it comes to publicly playing them its up to the venue to hold a liscence for that?

Reminds me of the ridiculous portugal laws concerning dj's.

Just all a pile of shite. No wonder UK has best rave scene :teeth:

hahah very funny guys.

I must still be asleep or something, this isnt real.

FUCK ALL OF YOU.

Mein kampf; the final chapter. What a bunch of cunts. They would get a fucking slap if they tried to enforce that in the up.

GEMA is one hell of bollocks.
Seriously, they block some videos to their own country, now they want to charge every laptop DJ. Damn, now to become a DJ you'd firstly need million quids to start up.
At the first place you get equipment, which isn't cheap for a decent person. Then, if you want to get experience, you go to the club and make loss, cus they didn't pay you as much as you had to pay GEMA.
RIDICULOUS.

Back
Top Bottom