GEMA to add laptop surcharge in Germany

i understand german and the whole article is absolutely ridicolous, they want you to pay for every tune you play/are going to play in the future even when they do not have any rights to the said track (for example free download on soundcloud from some dude in asia), happy i'm living in austria really

killing the music industry - doing it right

"£0.50p for that 30 second snippet of Alien Girl."

The worst thing is, I don´t think Ed Rush has any ties to those nazis which means that the only ones taking benefit are Rihanna, Kanye West and a bunch of untalented fags who claim to be "members".

Take a rave for instance..they collect the money but (probably) nobody of the artists (or djs) takes a benefit. Fackin joke.

I don't get it, why do GEMA believe they are owed all these royalties? Do they own all music ever?

I don't get it, why do GEMA believe they are owed all these royalties? Do they own all music ever?

in germany, basically yes.

they were funded to get money from radio stations and club nights and concerts and so on to give it to the respective right owners.

fking joke tho regarding dnb, cause bar hospital and ram no one involved in dnb is member of theirs..

I'm guessing this applies to everyone aside from vinyl.
Imagine kasra's face when they try to charge him for playing his own dubplates out in germany. Lol!

Jokes aside, shouldn't this be covered by the establishments licensing permits? Or do they not have them in Germany?

If this shit crosses the pond I'll be sticking with wax because it'll be cheaper!

in germany, basically yes.

they were funded to get money from radio stations and club nights and concerts and so on to give it to the respective right owners.

fking joke tho regarding dnb, cause bar hospital and ram no one involved in dnb is member of theirs..

so the biggest music labels in Germany basically came together and funded an organization to collect royalties for them, but they also take money for music that has nothing to do with them or wasnt even made in germany? Surely thats illegal.

"GEMA imagines you will make a contract with them, that might even enable them to look through your computer, just in case you did anything wrong. Yes, we think this is strange too."

:lol:

Some guy once said - "If there has to be a choice between injustice and disorder, the German prefers injustice."

Nailed it.

Well its not like ther germans want this, GEMA is just absolutely sick in the head and want to squeeze as much money as possible from the already poor people. The funny thing about this is that none of this money is going to go to the artists (at least for dnb), which was actually the reason to found GEMA. Its blatant fraud really, glad to live in Austria

Back
Top Bottom