Gear Lust post

alz

compress to impress
VIP Junglist
Decided to create this so everyone can post and share the things they're either going to purchase, or would purchase if and when they have the cash.

I've recently got in to buying quite a chunk of outboard, which I haven't allowed myself to connect until I finish my dissertation because I know it would destroy my time management.

Anyway I'll start the thread off.

TL Audio Fast Track
Really want this for the line in and two tube stages, definitely creeping up to the top of my want list.
fat_track_straight.jpg

Warm Audio TB 12
Really want some mic pre's to hook up to my compressor, add a bit of warmth to the signal when I run vocals through, liven them up a bit. Wish they did a stereo version though. Might have to choose between this and the TL Audio.
tonebeast-580px.png

Kenton Control Freak
Need this to hook midi up to my filterbank
1200x800_4557.jpg

Dave smith tempest
Little bit obsessed with it, been watching loads of stuff on youtube and they've been developing the OS nicely.
3633_davesmith_tempest.jpg

Thermionic Culture Vulture
Can't have too much distortion.
culturevulture1.l.jpg

There are more things, but I won't clutter the post up yet haha.

Well my latest and first purchase is Akai LPD8 - I needed a cheap knob and pad MIDI controller and Akai seem the king of these:
akai_lpd8.jpg

My Wishlist:
Nord Lead 4 - One of the best synths I have ever seen or heard and it falls into the sort of music I make. Way out of my budget but someday it will be in my hands
messe2013-nl4.jpg

Moog Slim Phatty - Looks nice and from the sonicstate review it sounds good as well
slimphatty-moog-synthesizer.jpg

Yamaha CS-5 - An oldie that needs a revamp. Lovely sounds
2647665648_0bc48249f8_z.jpg

Last but not least,
Korg MS-20 Mini - Just give me one. The basslines and modulations available to this are unbelievable (Most probably my next purchase, unless I win 2000 euros and buy my Nord haha :( )

korg-ms20-630-80.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I have a slim phatty, they sound amazing, can't recommend it enough, also going for pretty cheap on ebay these days because of the introduction of the sub phatty, swear I saw one go for like 350 quid! MS20 mini's are also going for pretty cheap too for some reason, keep your eye out man!

Vertigo VSC-2 Quad Discrete VCA Compressor (Seriously one of the warmest compressors I've ever heard irl; currently using the VST plug-in myself and even that sounds pretty damn good)

VSCDetail2.jpg

Buchla 200e, because gluttony is just a myth anyways:

buchla_200e.jpg

And

1_TR808-Full.jpg

if I have to explain that last one well, then kindly fuck-off.

Are there any decent "cheap" compressors? I'm looking in investing in some hardware to bring some more warmth to my mixdowns.
Don't really want to go over 2-300 euros.

various distortion/effects units/pedals

some nice mics

sherman filterbank

some form of hard synth, not sure what yet....the one with the grottiest reeses innit :teeth:

Are there any decent "cheap" compressors? I'm looking in investing in some hardware to bring some more warmth to my mixdowns.
Don't really want to go over 2-300 euros.

There was one called an RNC that's meant to be quite decent. You can probably get a good second hand one.

- - - Updated - - -

The Culture Vulture is amazing, best bit of hardware I've bought.
Slim Phatty's pretty good as well although a bit light on the top end.

I'm currently after one of these:

202034_l.jpg

Macbeth Micromac D

I'm going to get a decent mic setup soon and would love to own these. Can't see it happening yet though!
Earlybird268.jpg
ThePullet.jpg

There are a few TL Audio things in the thread and they're not meant to be all that good. I've been told that the real cheap old Ivory EQs are quite good for mashing sounds up but I wouldn't expect their stuff to actually work that great as an EQ or compressor. Depends what you're after though.

There are a few TL Audio things in the thread and they're not meant to be all that good. I've been told that the real cheap old Ivory EQs are quite good for mashing sounds up but I wouldn't expect their stuff to actually work that great as an EQ or compressor. Depends what you're after though.

I've heard some really good things about the Fast Track, wanted it to run my synths through, it's either that or the pre-amps though, gonna demo them both before I take the plunge though, it's a lot of cash!

TR-303 lolwut? You mean TB-303?

Anyway, I thought I was the only one that used hardware around here?

I can't speak for the others but I'm getting in to it a lot, ITB work pisses me off a lot, sitting there find tuning a knob on Synlenth does my nut in. Got a Slim Phatty now, Tetr4, drawmer compressor, filterbank2, gonna get myself a 12u rack and one of those cheap neutrik patchbays and everything will be ready to use!

I've heard some really good things about the Fast Track, wanted it to run my synths through, it's either that or the pre-amps though, gonna demo them both before I take the plunge though, it's a lot of cash!

I can't speak for the others but I'm getting in to it a lot, ITB work pisses me off a lot, sitting there find tuning a knob on Synlenth does my nut in. Got a Slim Phatty now, Tetr4, drawmer compressor, filterbank2, gonna get myself a 12u rack and one of those cheap neutrik patchbays and everything will be ready to use!

There's a company out there, can't remember the name/link but they make full-scale customized hardware interfaces for software synths. imo, you might as well just put the money in a bathtub, jerk off in it, and light it on fire, nahmean?

There's a company out there, can't remember the name/link but they make full-scale customized hardware interfaces for software synths. imo, you might as well just put the money in a bathtub, jerk off in it, and light it on fire, nahmean?

The gear I mentioned is to run analogue synths through, but even running running softsynths through them will add a nice colour.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes yes you are right my mistake. TB 303 and bring me some acccciiiiiiiidddddd :D

tb303's go for like 1.5-2 grand on ebay, but you can get clone boxes for quite cheap (Xoxbox is the closest apparently).

Back
Top Bottom