Garden studio.....advice needed!

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by dj_merlin, Jul 8, 2012.

1. dj_merlin

dj_merlin Active Member

My beloved Technics have been in my friends Dad's studio but recently have had to take them out due to him needing the use of it, so I'm looking at a solution for my garden. Excuse my naivety as I'm not in the know with soundproofing and so need some help!

I already have electricity down the bottom of my garden so thats a start and have been looking at something like this

http://www.shedstore.co.uk/wooden-g...reated-overlap-security-workshop-shed-10-by-8

Was then planning on insulating it and plaster boarding it, and then not sure where to go from there with soundproofing. I'm not talking fully soundproofed, just enough to keep the neighbours at bay. The nearest house is probably 20 metres away, and would be using KRK Rokit 6's in there on stands.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

2. herojuana

herojuana hairy kuala

You are a brave man keeping rokits and technics in a shed....

3. dj_merlin

dj_merlin Active Member

Dont have much choice or im not gonna be able to mix at all!

4. dj_merlin

dj_merlin Active Member

Or any other ideas on a solution would be great :) can probably spend about a grand on it all in

5. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

Make sure you alarm it and that.

Maybe some booby traps.

6. herojuana

herojuana hairy kuala

Yeah I have literally no idea about soundproofing it (if I remember rightly dnbkingz had his stuff in a shed at some point so ask him?) but yeah, just make sure it is secure in there buddy

7. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

Also, consider finding someone who has experience setting up sound systems etc. I have a mate who used to be a sound engineer and he has a little 1 car lockup behind a load of house, hes got all his gear in there and when your inside you cant hear yourself think, and you can barely breathe from the bass, but you step outside, even with the door open, and you can barely hear a thing. He's got them positioned perfectly.

Might be something to bear in mind.

8. ONSLAUGHT88

ONSLAUGHT88 I sees ya I do I sees ya

I would also bear in mind damp issues with condensation and mould, think/research it imo

9. Dubsta

Dubsta Well-Known Member

my mates dad built a shed for him to use to do pirate radio.......basically made of breeze blocks...lined with mdf and then nailed carpet to the walls......couldnt hear nothin from outside..he had the speakers on stands and a sub hanging from thr ceiling.....he put egg cartoons and foam around the corners where the speakers stood.......hope this helps