FX Samples

skinup

Hi, I'm an amateur drum & bass producer, and until now I was doing everything with MIDI and VST's. I always thought using samples was cheating but recently I have discovered the true potential they possess, so I have started using them for drums and sound FX. But the problem is I can hardly find any free FX samples that are even worth the memory on my hard drive.

So what I'm asking is are there any good places to find those crazy FX for free, or should I invest in some sample packs. If so, which packs are worth the money? I've spent the past few days constantly surfing around google and different forums looking for some good sources but I'm coming away empty handed. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Will

yes found plenty on that samples swap thread cheers. I also need some good pads, if anyones knows of one. I've heard atmosphere is good, but I've also heard its for trance really, and its a bit too expensive to buy just for a couple of pads. Anyone have it or got some ideas?

Cheers

youre on the right path with midi and vst. play a chord on some synth, sample that and process as you normally would with a sample. but did you make tunes with just vsts and no resampling or sampling or nothing? cos if you did id like to hear it, sounds cool

yeah I did check out www.myspace.com/will2008beats

all of those except the d&b track are done with just vst's, the d&b track i used some drumloops and effects I found on here and another website.

I had more, alot more drum & bass but my old computer broke and I only got a new one about 3 weeks ago so those tracks are just some things I've done since then. I got a couple of d&b tracks on here that are nearly finshed but now they're overloaded with vst's and they won't open. that's why I'm starting to like samples cuz they don't eat your CPU.

and I don't know what to do with samples, I've been teaching myself and just stuck using vst's and nothing else. just the other day I thought have a go with them so i just downloaded some free ones and looped em, used filters to cut kicks of one n snares n hats off another so it wasnt just the same beat all the time and a few sound fx.

Last edited:
Wheres there some bad boy drum loops? I got some crazy ideas for some new tracks but I aint got the right drums.

Hi, I'm an amateur drum & bass producer, and until now I was doing everything with MIDI and VST's. I always thought using samples was cheating but recently I have discovered the true potential they possess, so I have started using them for drums and sound FX. But the problem is I can hardly find any free FX samples that are even worth the memory on my hard drive.

So what I'm asking is are there any good places to find those crazy FX for free, or should I invest in some sample packs. If so, which packs are worth the money? I've spent the past few days constantly surfing around google and different forums looking for some good sources but I'm coming away empty handed. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Will

there's some nice free fx samples specific for DnB use on www.drumnbass.be if u go to the samples page, u will have to register tho!

Back
Top Bottom