Futurebound vs Metrik - Brave New World / Sabotage (Viper Recordings)

Tim Viper Recs

Viper Recordings
VIP Junglist

FUTUREBOUND VS METRIK
01. BRAVE NEW WORLD
02. SABOTAGE

VIPER RECORDINGS
CAT # VPR035
Released: 4th Apr. 2011
Vinyl & Digital Download

*Available now exclusively from the Viper shop & Beatport*

With Futurebound bringing the experience of years of smashing dancefloors and his trademark ultra sharp production and bassline inflected soul and Metrik brining his own devastating style of old school vibes with new 2011 futuristic beats, this is a classic collaboration from the Viper Recordings don and the young prodigy. This one's a banger; let’s hope it’s not the last time these two hit the studio together.

DJ Support for this single from: DJ Hype, Pendulum, Andy C, Danny Byrd, ShockOne & Phetsta, High Contrast, Brookes Brothers, Dirtyphonics, Friction, Subfocus, Ed Rush & Optical, Nero, Camo & Krooked, Matrix and of course Futurebound & Metrik.

BRAVE NEW WORLD
Seeing the two producers involved, it goes without saying that the production on ‘Brave New World’ is sharper than a cutthroat razor. Kicking straight into the tough drums alongside euphoric synths, the track drops into an epic sunrise breakdown with the hatiras vs. space invader reminiscent rave-house build coming soon after. As soon as the house flavour rolls in, it is snatched away again as the drop comes with an almighty rush of cavernous tunnels of wobbling bass warmth. Much like the first time you heard Clipz’s classic remix of Ez Rollers ‘Ready For Love’ this is a bassline to fall in love with simply due to the ingenious way it manages to sit somewhere between darkness, jump up and reigned in subtlety.

SABOTAGE
Now for the darkness. Into the intro comes a monotone technoid alert, turning into a two note signal which sits alongside a rising crescendo leading to the drop of 2011 so far, with bass hitting you square in the chest and snaking away across a four bar pattern, its shape twisting your insides into a knot of sub and tension. Having constricted you over the first sixteen, the tune then switches again into Dillinja style future funk rasps and pummeling bass call and response. No doubt used liberally for those crowd destroying mid tune double drops, this is the perfect match up of Futurebound’s and Metrik’s styles. Terrifying stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this full artwork promo by any chance? Chemical have it listed up as looking like one, but didnt think viper did them

This is how it should be! Fed up of all these fecking white labels in my bag getting destroyed!
Ya i've wanted to get rid of white lables for a long while. With the kind of numbers vinyl is moving these days it seems a total waste of time, and loads of ppl wait for full art vinyl, but that gets hard to do when it's been out for ages. Death to the white label! :D

Ya i've wanted to get rid of white lables for a long while. With the kind of numbers vinyl is moving these days it seems a total waste of time, and loads of ppl wait for full art vinyl, but that gets hard to do when it's been out for ages. Death to the white label! :D

Amen to that...of course it's the music I'm going for when buying a new piece of wax, but the artwork goes along with it and personates the release for me!

I must say that is a great move, i have so many white labels its gets me so confused. Will defo bag this, brave new world is an excellent tune

This year is gonna get crazy..we're only just warming up!!!

Ah mr Futurebound, good news, hows that M+F remix album coming along? Am I correct in thinking there is a Cyantific remix and a Smooth remix on there?
Any any futher events at the lightbox planned, or is that now discontinued?!

Ah mr Futurebound, good news, hows that M+F remix album coming along? Am I correct in thinking there is a Cyantific remix and a Smooth remix on there?
Any any futher events at the lightbox planned, or is that now discontinued?!

hey mate yeh our new M+F artist album is under way but before that we have the launch of our new mix comp series "Worldwide:001" which is sounding pretty large!!
and yeh there is a tantrum desire remix of my old thing "Blind Cobblers Thumb' & a Smooth remix of "Strength 2 Strength".

Back
Top Bottom