Laughter in the Slaughter
VIP Junglist
various artists future sound of cambridge ep volume 2
hospital records (nhs106)

a: commix scarlet
b: cambringe 4 when pilots eject
c: nu:tone the boy who lost his smile
d: logistics never ending story

Thought this may be of some interest in these parts.

I am really feeling the Cambridge 4 tune as well as the commix one.

Was disapointed with this, cos the first one was sooooo good. It also had 2 classix on it.....this one is good, but not really worthy of the Title 'Future Sounds'....but also found AMit LP to be groundbreakingly boring..different for teh sake of being different.....now make those beats rolling and I'm with ya...( controvetial thing to say ...I know)

Dj SmurFiE said:
listend to it and its ok, gota nothing on the first or budapest eps

Agreed. It's not a standout EP.

Checked the hospital website for their latest dubplates though.

The new Q Project one is good, its an EP called computer Love

Tom500 said:
Agreed. It's not a standout EP.

Checked the hospital website for their latest dubplates though.

The new Q Project one is good, its an EP called computer Love

thats been released m8, really good ep, not as good as 'hello my name is q project' but still really worth gettin'. Think the stand out track is 'silicon mistress' a really lively, liquidy piece of DnB, reminds of obsession (infact it mixes really well with obsession), took a while for 'computer love' to grow on me but now i really love it! anything q project releases on hospital is amazin' i reckon!

Yeah Q Project is the don. Loved 'Silicon Mistress' too, its an awesome track, as you sat best one on the EP. Also love the track 'Obssession'.

Imo the best Q Project releases have to be 'Bang Out' 'Living With Beaker' and 'Greatest Thing'. Also love that cheeky bootleg that samples the Police 'Voices'.

:mr_cool:

Scarlet is such a wicked tune...

Not really paid much attention to the rest though. The hospital sound is shifting a lot more towards the dancefloor isn't it?

ThomW said:
Scarlet is such a wicked tune...

Not really paid much attention to the rest though. The hospital sound is shifting a lot more towards the dancefloor isn't it?
definately, but it retains its soul.

The output is a lot more dancefloor friendly. 3 years ago it was all soulful stuff and they were even putting out garagey/broke beat stuff with the likes of Landslide and Phuturistix. Now they just seem to be a drum and bass label and all their artists are pushing a more jump up sound.

yea thats true i spose, their version of 'jump up' though is the best in the scene imo, dont think its full on, buts certainly lively.

aren't hospital still releasing the broken beat stuff? think they have a house sublabel as well, could be wrong though.

Don't think so man. They've got M*A*S*H but it only releases drum and bass. They haven't done any outpatients stuff for ages either.

I'm going Hospitality on Friday though so I'll see what the Hospital DJs are playing music wise.

Yeh really goo album. Cambridge boys getting better and better. All of em got their own sound and its really starting to show. Keep up the good work boys!

Back
Top Bottom