Future Garage

T:M

Dusty Techno Workout
VIP Junglist
I've been really getting into this new future garage stuff. It's bassy and has all around good vibes, a perfect escape from the filth wars that dubstep has turned into. I never really was exposed to 2-step or other garage, but this future garage stuff is really great, and I was wondering what you all thought of it. Stuff like:

(no this is not me)

It sounds so fresh and beautiful, I feel so happy to live in a time when such great music is in development. Future garage and autonomic have quickly become my choice listening material, due to the stagnation of dubstep. It's got everything I could ask for: bass, soul, shuffly-skippy beats, and lots of feel good instrumentation. Tell me what you think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I've been keeping my eye on this stuff since I heard of it a couple of weeks ago, and was going to fling a couple of gos trying to produce it. I like how it takes the good bits of dubstep and mixes it with the good bits of garage, as in 2step beat not that weird messed up retarded child, speed garage

I've been trying to have a go at making some of it too, just a little 2 minute bit experimenting with the sound that I hope to finish up and post to soundcloud soon. I found FutureGarageForum and some of the producers are giving away their tunes there, so I've been listening to those trying to get the basic idea of how it's structured and what types of sounds are used. I find mixing it to be a joy too because it mixes with some of the deeper ambient dubstep a lot better than most things I've tried.

cant say ive ever really payed attention to this kind of music but there are some good tunes uve posted ill have to find some mixes an that.

Does anyone know of a good set to download to try this stuff out, It sound like my kinda music!

Thanks

Found this on the cloud, from what I can tell this whistla is one of the people who's pushing the sound the most. He might be one of the pioneers, dunno for sure. In any case he seems really involved in the future garage scene.

Whistla's Future Garage An Introduction

TRACKLISTING:

Submerse - Everything Around Us
Synkro - Everybody Knows
Clueless - Secret Love
Sully - Phonebox
Whistla - What You Want
Sines - Love Becomes She
Submerse - Forgive Me
Burial - Unite
Whistla - Steelface
Kanvas - Next
Duncan Powell - Care 4 Me [Whistla Remix]
M2J - Blue Tone
Littlefoot - Alien Wet Dream
KingThing - Trapped
Naphta - Soundclash [Grievous Angel Remix]

---------- Post added at 08:12 ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 ----------

sounds an awful lot like that east london broken beat sound 4hero, total science and very notably DJ Rels did

I'm intrigued. Do you have the names to any tracks I might listen too?

Been getting into this a bit myself lately, makes for great driving music.

Found this on the cloud, from what I can tell this whistla is one of the people who's pushing the sound the most. He might be one of the pioneers, dunno for sure. In any case he seems really involved in the future garage scene.

Whistla's Future Garage An Introduction

TRACKLISTING:

Submerse - Everything Around Us
Synkro - Everybody Knows
Clueless - Secret Love
Sully - Phonebox
Whistla - What You Want
Sines - Love Becomes She
Submerse - Forgive Me
Burial - Unite
Whistla - Steelface
Kanvas - Next
Duncan Powell - Care 4 Me [Whistla Remix]
M2J - Blue Tone
Littlefoot - Alien Wet Dream
KingThing - Trapped
Naphta - Soundclash [Grievous Angel Remix]

Doesn't Synkro do dnb too?

I loved old proper garage, thats my favourite music but this sounds a tad weird and not to my liking but hopefully it evolves back to some of the older sounds (y)

Thats fucking hillarious. If you ever played the first donkey kong on snes youll understand. Literally just drums on top of a soundtrack...

On topic, i find it hard to distinguish between dubstep/future garage stuff, all fairly similar but i got a few tunes you might like:

EDIT:

And this badboy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Artists to check are Whistla, Submerse, Littlefoot, Clueless, M2J, Monz, Dawntreader, Erra, Touch, Sines, Demos, Dom, VVV, ReSketch, Synkro, KingThing, Fused Forces, Sully, Sclist, Kanvas, Pangaea, Dokument, Cosmic Revenge, Point B. And labels like L2S Recordings, Night Audio, Bass Machine Music, Furioso, Frisjfo Beats, Smokin Sessions are releasing tunes on that vibe.

All are smashing that new post-garage sound to bits, listen to it as much as dnb now, so much better than that 'uk funky' bollocks

Artists to check are Whistla, Submerse, Littlefoot, Clueless, M2J, Monz, Dawntreader, Erra, Touch, Sines, Demos, Dom, VVV, ReSketch, Synkro, KingThing, Fused Forces, Sully, Sclist, Kanvas, Pangaea, Dokument, Cosmic Revenge, Point B. And labels like L2S Recordings, Night Audio, Bass Machine Music, Furioso, Frisjfo Beats, Smokin Sessions are releasing tunes on that vibe.

All are smashing that new post-garage sound to bits, listen to it as much as dnb now, so much better than that 'uk funky' bollocks

cheers mate ... anywhere i can grab some mixes/sets to slap on my ipod to get a good feel for it .. cheers

This is the spot http://futuregarageforum.com/. I'd advise starting with the Whistla sub fm shows/any other of his sets in the mixes section to get a feel for it, that mix that was posted in here is a banger

---------- Post added at 23:55 ---------- Previous post was at 23:40 ----------

This mix is prety live as well http://fs09n4.sendspace.com/dl/1eff...g5u5fr/Big_Up_Magazine_Podcast15_Submerse.mp3

1. Submerse – Never Mine ‘FortyFour Remix’ (Dubplate)
2. Submerse – 94 ‘Sully Remix’ (Night Audio)
3. Clueless – Lady In Red (L2S)
4. VVV – Project X (Dubplate)
5. Resketch – Midway (Dubplate)
6. Synkro – Back Then (Dubplate)
7. Whistla – Way 2 Dark (Dubplate)
8. Sentinels – Love Rhythm (Dubplate)
9. FortyFour & Resketch – Inside Out (Dubplate)
10. Lecs – No Names ‘Wascal Remix’ (Dubplate)
11. Monz – In Da Club (L2S)
12. KingThing – Neglect Me (Dubplate)
13. EL-B vs Laze – How U Like Dat (Dubplate)
14. DJ Narrows – Saved Soul (Resurrection)
15. Demos – The Dirty Way (L2S)
16. EL-B Feat. Rolla – Dirty Dirty (Dubplate)
17. FortyFour – Stay (Dubplate)
18. WE.R.DNA – Joy In Your Eye (Dubplate)
19. Submerse & Resketch – Seven Times (Dubplate)
20. Submerse – Forgive Me (Night Audio)

Agreed! and I can stress enough how good the ones in bold are!

I'd also highly recommend Roof Light, Egoless, & Cairo

Back
Top Bottom