Future Beats: An Interview With Doc Scott

InReach

Doc Scott is a man whose involvement in drum and bass has spanned since the genres origins. Through his many endeavours: DJ, label owner, artist… Doc Scott has upheld an unfaltering musical integrity, something that has enabled him to fundamentally influence and shape the direction of drum and bass.

Through his label 31 Records, Doc Scott provides a home for eclectic drum & bass styles and music on the very outer reaches of the genre.

Having recently opened up via social media, Doc Scott expressed the personal difficulties he has experienced, dealt with and overcome over the past 10 years and his optimism towards life and music now. The message was a moving one, giving an insight to his close relationship with Goldie and also highlighting some of the complications that can become part of the DJ lifestyle. However, with a now positive Doc Scott, after a 3-year break 31 Records returned in late 2013. The label has since been responsible for some of the most outstanding releases of this period, notably introducing many to the largely unheard of but exceptional sounds of Vromm, Hidden Turn and Thing.

Not stopping short of EP’s and singles, the label recently put out its first album; 15th December 2014 marked the release date of the compilation LP ‘31 Recordings Presents Future Beats: The Album’. One of the most highly anticipated albums of 2014, we felt it was only right to have a chat with Doc Scott, here’s how things went down….

http://in-reach.co.uk/future-beats-interview-doc-scott/

scotty-2-620x400.jpg

Nice interview. He seems like a humble man. Didn't like the whole album, but some bits & pieces, I think that what an album like this is all about. Deep Orca is one of those tunes I'll be listening to for years to come. Lovely.

Big up Doc Scott & everyone involved.

Nice interview. He seems like a humble man. Didn't like the whole album, but some bits & pieces, I think that what an album like this is all about. Deep Orca is one of those tunes I'll be listening to for years to come. Lovely.

Big up Doc Scott & everyone involved.

Yeah I hear you. What is your 2nd best track on there?

The ones I'm really feeling having played them all a few times are ital tek & cern, which is not what I was expecting, but they are both wicked.

Back
Top Bottom