Funny stories meeting DJ's/Mc's at raves

badapple

Was just posting in another thread about when i told Foxy he should be should be up there with Skiba/Fealess etc. and he looked at me like as if to say "i already am dickhead" (this was back in 2002). Thankfully when i met him properly at a mates house he did not remember the incident.

Other stories include ALWAYS bumping into Brockie in the the toilets at the Sactuary (does he have a condition?). Watching Shabba have a big bust up with his bird, half naked in freezing conditions, meanwhile a buch of pillheads are trying to chat to him and shake his hand.

What funny experiences have you had with the dnb elite?

last wednesday cotti was in helsinki and i saw him at the bar and i said like "safe blad like your tunes" and he was like "yeah bwoy" and i was like "yeah" then he went away

true story

true story
I was playing at a rave long side severall locals. And the headliners for the night was Fab and Groove. So i played my set and killed it. After that i decided to purchase several bags of Hippie K. wich is stronger than just Ket cuz its made by hippies. So then i was a rockin. So I went up to grove and asked him to play some tune. he looked at me in confusion cuz what i prolly said was jiberish. So then i vomited my gin& tonic all over his DJ booth.

teach him to understand

true story
I was playing at a rave long side severall locals. And the headliners for the night was Fab and Groove. So i played my set and killed it. After that i decided to purchase several bags of Hippie K. wich is stronger than just Ket cuz its made by hippies. So then i was a rockin. So I went up to grove and asked him to play some tune. he looked at me in confusion cuz what i prolly said was jiberish. So then i vomited my gin& tonic all over his DJ booth.

teach him to understand

HYA HYA HYA!

met adam f (was supposed to be fresh but didnt turn up) at a local rave when he was packin up his vinyl etc, was js havin a chat with him when a pillhead ran up to him shouting "OMG ITS DJ FRESH!!!!" i said "no dude its adam f...." he looked confused...."are they not the same person?!....thats what i thought the F stood for!"

LOL. retard.

also meeting mampi swift was probably the best and worst experience of my life....best cuz he is a legend...! but worst cuz he shook my hand with his big jumbo sausage fingers (felt about 4 bones break i swear) and put his arm around me for a picture...and got compeltely covered in rank mampi sweat!! nice....

Went to a Freestylers live gig with me good friend, not girlfriend.

Freestylers were killing it but there was no alcohol to be bought in situ, so jogged to a nearby bar and bought 12 shots of vodka (poured into a very large cup).

Came back, had a great time. Gig finished, saw somebody hanging around saying that there would be an improptu afterparty at a well-known dnb place (closed that night).

Headed over there, got there first... Manager was standing outside worrying loud that there was no dj equipment and no djs.

Said I'd head home and get my gear.

Came back, connected up. Punters appeared. Started killing it.

Freestylers appear an hour later, I drop B-Boy stance and people started bouncing of the walls.

Sir-Real mced to my tracks while their guitarist was going after my 'friend'. She told him that I was her boyfriend and that night I became him. Didn't last long but was fairly cool.

A Guy Called Gerald is a good mate. A friend introduced me to him a while ago and I didn't realise he was the 'Gerald' and I asked him if he liked dnb. Seeing him dj that night made me realise I could play dnb and play it well. Two years ago we had a mad night I will never forget with him behind the decks at dawn on a pier playing jungle over a sad system that equalled Valve. Not a drop of alco in my veins, just pure dnb.

Had drinks with more djs and mcs than I can count over the years and booked quite a few but those two stories are my favourite.

Went to Turnmills last month to Alchemy & I really wasn't feeling it at all. All my mates had bigged up Turnmills so much but the crowd their that night were mostly pushy twats.
There were some quality sets but Andy C was a bit slow & didn't play much jump-up stuff which I was well in the mood for.
Also, in the 3rd room, the sound distorted at one point so much that everyone had to cover their ears.
So to cut a long story short, me & my mates thought we'd leave a bit early.
My 2 mates blitzed it off to the cloak room & I walked there slowly just lookign around & saw Andy C, stood next to DJ Fresh.
I went straight to Andy C & kept saying, "you're fucking amazing I love you." In reply to that he said "thanks babe, I'm glad you enjoyed it."
So being the person that I am that doesn't think before talking I said " you weren't very good tonight actually, bit slow but I saw you last week in Brixton & the week before at Air and you were quality"
When I told my mates about it they were all like " I can't believe you told Andy C he was rubbish!

Another funny story is at the Drum & Bass Awards this year I was waiting for my mate and spotted Eksman so I went up to him & said "you're gunna win blatantly" and he said "I dunno about that" well course he knew Skibs had won didn't he?!! lol

I went straight to Andy C & kept saying, "you're fucking amazing I love you." In reply to that he said "thanks babe, I'm glad you enjoyed it."
So being the person that I am that doesn't think before talking I said " you weren't very good tonight actually, bit slow but I saw you last week in Brixton & the week before at Air and you were quality"

haha what did he say once u sed that ??

Another funny story is at the Drum & Bass Awards this year I was waiting for my mate and spotted Eksman so I went up to him & said "you're gunna win blatantly" and he said "I dunno about that" well course he knew Skibs had won didn't he?!! lol

:lol: poor eksman obviously knew that skibba had won it !! cant believe the awards this year herbzie best breakthrough mc haha hes a gd mc but he aint new 4 shit !!

Last edited:
being in bristol, im a regular at this club called native, tuesday nights are called RUN, and it run by Distorted minds and jakes. literally every tuesday u see and meet some real big dogs of dnb. all the bristol dj's and mc's are there even if there not playing.
hazard,tc,clipz,dminds,adamf,sub focus,xample the list goes on.
its a small club so i meet them and speak to them all the time which is sick!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...2603285099&aid=-1&id=562805065&oid=2603285099

anyway made complete tit out myself a few months back was mashed and went up to tc with a pint for him......and spilt it all over him!!

I'm standing at the bar at a party in Philly about 4-5 years ago and I'm ordering for me and my mates and some guy behind me yells out "put two more on his tab for me". I whirl around to see Andy C, who is headlining the show. We both have a laugh and the bartender ends up not charging me for anything. I sat there with Andy and had a good half hour chat with him before his set.

Back
Top Bottom