Funky Uplifting Jazzy Psychedelic?

FreeBalloonday

Hey all! First time posting.
I'm a big fan of drum n' bass but often find stuff that can so easily be put into certain genres. I am not sure what the genre of this album is... it is just so righteous and I would LOVE to find more drum n' bass like it. Stuff that is maybe a little silly, psychedelic, jazzy, uplifting, ect. But more on the experimental side than being your standard types of drum n bass.
The album is Mindex's The Adventures of Multi-Dimensional Caterpillar.
I feel like it really tells a story and is a really great psychedelic joyride through lovely dnb.
It is free (legally) for download here:
http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/mindex-the-adventures-of-multi-dimensional-caterpillar

had a listen to the clips...reminds me quite a bit of the jazzy stuff that came into fashion in the late 90s. I reckon you'd probably like the albums EZ Rollers - Walk This Land and also Peshay - Miles From Home. more recently you could give Kabuki - Warrior Soul a try, that's a lot more straight ahead dnb sounding though

Choice stuff :) Thanks guys! Phat Cat track was pretty sexy. And I thought the EZ Rollers track was pretty dope as well.
Still worlds apart from what I was curious about, but really tight tracks with a jazzy feel. I can appreciate that. :)

Back
Top Bottom