Funky liquid tune, feedback needed!

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by junglistguy2221, Jul 6, 2010.

1. junglistguy2221

junglistguy2221 Drum & Bass Producer

2. Cat Gas

Cat Gas Aka Basis

There was no real indication of a drop, it just sort of happened....And the pre-drop and actual main part of the song dong really fit together or flow into each other. Then it got really repetitive, nothing about the tune changed enough to keep me interesting. Good start though.

3. groelle

groelle Well-Known Member

the intro was boring, and the piano sounds a lil bit distorted. agreeing with roadrunnerr on the drop. drums actually dont sound that bad, could need some more percussive elements tho. bass is kinda weak tho, and you got nothing else going on which makes it a bit boring aswell.

work on variations and the transition between the intro and the drop.
    nice one

4. junglistguy2221

Thanks for the advice guys. This is one of four tunes I'm producing for a martial arts workout DVD so there does need to be a certain degree of repetition, although I'll definitely have another crack at improving it.

5. Clarkey Cat

Clarkey Cat New Member

Get into those breaks and mess about with 'em a bit, even if your aiming for repetition it'll sound better if there's small variations and different fills every so often. Also couldn't hurt to ass a few more layers to come in and out so it feels a bit more like it's going somewhere.

Aside from that i think it's a good tune and you should crack on with it

6. junglistguy2221

definitely need to "ass" a few more layers haha. seriously tho, cheers, ill take what you said on board.

on a different note this tune mixes so well with Bastard Killer by Original Sin if I do say so myself.