Full Dosage - Vibration

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Full Dosage, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Full Dosage

Full Dosage Member

hello, looking for some criticism on this one... i posted this track like a month ago or so but i made same changes and wrote intro so i thought why dont post it again..... so listen enjoy and post your thougths.. thanks

Edit: Update :)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  2. Fortisimo

Fortisimo Member

Those intro cymbals are pretty sick, haha. Seems like a silly thing to notice, but they are really intense and tight. Makes the atmosphere way tenser. Then the drop was really not what I was expecting given the intro; I'm not too sure about the sample you've chosen to use.... I think maybe it's a little wet (reverb wise) at the moment. Basses could use more variation. The basses sound good though, they've got nice character and weight, the bassline is just a tad repetitive as it is right now. Throw in some edits! Not bad at all, keep working at it man

3. DjCartel

DjCartel Well-Known Member

im gonna have to disagree with fortisimo here, im feeling the sample a lot. sounds decent. intros sick, drops really cool. only bit i dont like is the 1.50ish bit. other than that its sounding big, spy like!

4. ApeCat

ApeCat Human Dubplate

Kind of feeling this, but the part at 1:50 definitely needs work and a couple of edits thrown into the b-line wouldn't hurt, I think you should add something new to the breakdown so it doesn't sound just like the intro, and the second drop needs to add something new to the tune. Vocal sample was nice IMO.

Progression and structure could use more thinking through, right now you've got a couple of parts thrown out one after another with little to glue them together like..

5. Full Dosage

Full Dosage Member

thanks everyone for your suggestions, i have to agree with the structure thing... i thing that somewhat eludes me all the time :/ but im still learning which means that any idea and inside from you guys is really appreciated

6. horace111

horace111 My name is Jago (HYQXYZ)

What others said, really loved the dark drop with the vocal, but the part at 1:50 is indeed quite weird. As far as idea's go for after 1:50:
    -Try adding a low bass note pitching down instead of your second note: You now have "Low note, pause , High note" , but you could try "Low note, pause, jungle style sine wave based bass pitching down"
    -Try adding some more rides or some high passed pads to fill up and create variation
    -Try playing around with your drum patterns to create variation.
    -right before the drop you switch to a higher note, try implementing that in the melody?
    Anyway,
    Keep up the good work!

7. parsons19

parsons19 Active Member

Yeah man that sample works nice for me! Nice old schooly vibe on it but the tune itself has a nice modern edge, works well

I would just say the tune as a whole perhaps sounds a little dry? But if you don't know me around here I am a bit of a reverb addict so I am probably wrong ;)

Keep up the good work on this one man :)

8. hentzz

hentzz Member

nice tune mate. like that sample, nice lead and bass. don't like that beat transition @ 1:53 tho.

9. Full Dosage

Full Dosage Member

i have to say im kind of happy that so many of you found the time to listen to my track.. well i understand that its hard to listen to this kind of really beginer-ish tune especially when many of you have some pretty nice tracks on your portfolio but for me its really important to get some feedback from more experienced producers like you because i am learning that way... well back to my tune, i have to agree that the part after 1:50 its kinda off... ill have to work on that... i think that whole tune is missing some elements to fill it up so yeah if any of you have a mood to write some tips it would be cool :) (also i have to apologize for my english i hope my posts are readable)

10. equilibrium

equilibrium Member

at 1:09 id hold that high bass note and ride it out, then pitch it down. i think thatdd fit much better with this hell of a roller. nice drums. intro needs to definitely feel more cinematic, theres too much empty space (not necessarily a bad thing) for the drums to stand out that much. add some air. atmos. try some reverb on the intro drums. the reverse high pitch note works but its harsh on maybe you could add some more musical pads or some shit and filter it to flow with the way youve set up the intro. i like it. the way the vocal responds and is cut up works really well, if you try messing with my idea about riding that bass note out it might sound even more dope.

i see you kind of do ride the bass out at about 2:00. id try to make that shit work for the whole song. i can hear how id do it. but i like it the way it is now too.

maybe add a breakdown. so that the drums keep going hard and then a breakdown with a lot of space and vocals just fly out into it. "good vibrations" with a big breakdown

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  11. Full Dosage

Full Dosage Member

thanks man i honestly cant believe that someone found this thread again :D i cant thank you enough for your feedback.... i made few changes to the intro and other stuff so i will upload it if anyone is interested but it still needs a lot of work and im more like trying different ideas you and others gave me... thanks again!!!

12. Full Dosage

Full Dosage Member

13. Full Dosage

Full Dosage Member

14. Full Dosage

Full Dosage Member

last try to bump it and then i let this one die in a pile of dead threads :D thanks to everyone who listened and gave or will give a feedback

15. ApeCat

ApeCat Human Dubplate

Sounds a bit tighter, but there's a limit to how much energy you ought to throw into one tune.

I say well done, take what you've learned from doing this tune and the feedback you got on it, take that idea at 1:50 that I can hear didn't quite manage to materialize - and move on to the next one.

16. Full Dosage

Full Dosage Member

thanks man your input is always appreciated... i saw you trying to keep this part of forum alive and that is really cool.. i also trying keep it flowing here for last few days so i hope it will lead to better feedback from more people here and i hope we will cross paths here more often :)

17. hughhardiemusic

hughhardiemusic Member

Big tune there at the top, really like the contrast between the dark bass sounds and house vocal. If it were me I'd think about varying up those bass notes a bit, although maybe not coz often in tunes the repetition is what makes the note progressions memorable to people. The filtered out part at 2.20 is wicked too

18. Full Dosage

Full Dosage Member

thanks man means a lot