Drum & Bass Full Dosage - New Era (WIP)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Full Dosage, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Full Dosage

Full Dosage Member

so basicaly i dont have almost any time for production so this is just little thing ive been working on

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  2. Full Dosage

Full Dosage Member

so i made little update but this place seems really dead since last time i was here :D enjoy

3. smoothassilk

smoothassilk Active Member

Yeah, it's kinda annoying how some tracks get 10 replies and some get none.
    Good work btw, I think it could use a load more glitchy-ness (if that's a word). Y'know, just rendering short sections and retriggering them rhythmically. Go and listen to something like 'Robot Hands' by Starkey.
    Bass isn't really that powerful, I don't know if it's lacking a sub or something, making basses sound phat is an art form really. I don't actually know if it needs a huge amount of bass, it's not appropriate for all tracks.

4. MisterApe

MisterApe 8bit junkie

It's definitely lacking bass, (I can hear sub, it just needs to be louder/layered.) but lovely work outside of that composition wise : ).

5. Full Dosage

Full Dosage Member

i tried to work on that mid bass layer but i thing i managed just to mess up the mixdown and stuff well here it is

6. MisterApe

MisterApe 8bit junkie

I think you just need to create more breathing room in the mix for the bass, something I learned from a friend is cutting all the frequencies of the hats below 2khz, gave me a lot more room for the bass atleast.

7. Full Dosage

Full Dosage Member

last update before the weekend ends hopefully is the mixdown better

8. DjCartel

DjCartel Well-Known Member

sounds good to me man. likeing the little poppy synth thing, adds a nice melody. little bit before the drop is cool too. nothing to add really!

9. Mason John

Mason John 21st Junta

Something about the sub I noticed; you can't necessarily hear it on the first two notes of the loop, but it IS there quite a bit more on the last note. I still had to get my ear close to the speakers to hear it, but it's much more pronounced on the last note. Maybe that could be of some use in regards to beefing up the sub, hopefully.

Sounds nice overall; I do very much like the power and juiciness on your kicks. The pad chords on the intro were nice and creepy, which does well thematically leading to the more uplifting tone of the main track. Keep up the good work :)