Fucking up a recorded mix.....

DJ_NoZ

Rum & Ass
VIP Junglist
I HATE when I'm recording a mix, proper rinsing it and I decide to chuck something random in and fuck the whole thing up! :-x There's nothing more frustrating than recording 25 minutes of something you're really proud of and completely ruining the whole thing with a proper clanger.

I know, must try harder. I had to vent.

happens to me a lot haha, like you say its exceptionally frustrating. worst one was when i did about an hour almost perfectly, then realised i hadn't pressed record.

happens to me a lot haha, like you say its exceptionally frustrating. worst one was when i did about an hour almost perfectly, then realised i hadn't pressed record.

done this nuff times!

But if I'm recording a mix and I clang it proper, I just redo the mix and edit after... Cheatin I know but who cares!

god ive done this so many times. major rage. flawless andy c style mixing as well.
just have a little break; relax. have a beer maybe. and get back on it.

AH, ive done this many a time, usually i experiment at the 15 min, 30 min, 45 min and 1hr mark, so at least if i fuck up i can crop the mix and say its a 30 min mix or a short little 15 minuter or something. lol.

done this nuff times!

But if I'm recording a mix and I clang it proper, I just redo the mix and edit after... Cheatin I know but who cares!

god ive done this so many times. major rage. flawless andy c style mixing as well.
just have a little break; relax. have a beer maybe. and get back on it.

Why not... I don't see the problem. If you compare the mixes the pros do live and in studio... There's more messing around with those 'in postproduction' than what you guys do.

mates its sucks when you fuck up a mix.. mind you if im recording (especially for soundcloud) i have a rough idea how i want the whole set to sound.. (shameless plug)- which worked out well in the december mix ;)..

Ive had it when youve done a wicked mix and then your phone rings and you get that random sound over the top or even worse when someone comes in an trys to have a conversation with you..

Yeah I guess I could edit afterwards, maybe split it into a couple and stitch em together. Just irritating when you've been on mixing spot on every time and CLANG, "FUCKS SAKE!"

Another thing is this particular mix that got me raging was for a competition, I'd definitely feel like I was cheating if I edited it!

ha ha
I feel your pain, this is why i don't record many mixes, its fucking annoying. Plus I'm too judgemental on my own work.

It was worse back in the days of recording with cassettes, once i recorded a blinder mixtape only to realize on playback you could slightly hear what was on the tape before i decided to record over it.

if you have a mix planned out, my advise is to record it as many times as you can. Do it once a day for a week if you possible, listen back and compare them.

AH, ive done this many a time, usually i experiment at the 15 min, 30 min, 45 min and 1hr mark, so at least if i fuck up i can crop the mix and say its a 30 min mix or a short little 15 minuter or something. lol.

Why the mix in my sig is only 40 minutes long :D

Takes me a good month or so to motivate myself for a new recording so yeah its pretty damn annoying when you forget to press record!

Ive done that for video mixes once or twice. Started recording from cam but not the decks or vice versa, annoying as fuckkk.

My personal favorite is when you record a perfect 1 hour long mix, then when you go to save/export the file , " audacity has stopped working blahblah blah " .

or like on my most recent mix accidently knock the needle on the track playing out loud at about 45 mins during a set. i decided to just stop the mix and upoad it anyway

---------- Post added at 23:26 ---------- Previous post was at 23:20 ----------

My personal favorite is when you record a perfect 1 hour long mix, then when you go to save/export the file , " audacity has stopped working blahblah blah " .

or like on my most recent mix accidently knock the needle on the track playing out loud at about 45 mins during a set. i decided to just stop the mix and upoad it anyway

---------- Post added at 23:27 ---------- Previous post was at 23:26 ----------

i love repeating myself

---------- Post added at 23:26 ---------- Previous post was at 23:20 ----------

---------- Post added at 23:27 ---------- Previous post was at 23:26 ----------

i love repeating myself

Yeah this has happened to me a alot! Audacity makes me angry. Although since I downloaded the latest Beta it seems to be fine.

The beauty of knowing you DAW well.. If its right at the end then stitching an edit on is fine, no point in recording the whole things again, who the fuck has time to do that!

Saying that if you were better then this wouldnt happen :P :P

Back
Top Bottom