fuck sticks!!

dnbsoldier87

so.. has this ever happened to anyone before? im using fruity loops, I got a tune coming along nicely.. error pops up saying fruity is out of memory.. it then crashes...
wen i open my tune back up it says there's an error in Edison and it cannot load its state...
then all the parts of my tune i had going are fucked (I've re-sampled/bounced to get sounding how i want)
they're all horribly time-stretched and if i un stretch them... it goes on repeat, and takes like 5 mins to play my 8 bar loop...
I was at the stage of doing the sequencing now its completely fucked it... proppa pissed off!
So is it finally time to buy cubase or a mac? this would never of happened on a mac im sure...

ApeCat

Human Dubplate
VIP Junglist
There are all sorts of tricks you can pull to keep memory usage to a minimum, but I don't really have that issue so I wouldn't really know what to do...

Simply D.

Polysonic
ive had this problem before. upgrade your ram and it will go away. at least it did for me.

edit: whats your current setup? my old comp had 512mb of ram, now ive got 2gb and fruity works much better.

Last edited:

logikz

I Am Not The King
resample. everything. use sends. we would write tracks with two or three plugs at its most and those would be just fruitys own free filter and possibly a reverb.
do your processing in cooledit and so forth. i worked for years on what basically comes down to a pentium something or other with 512 mb ram cos it couldnt fit more than that in the slots, a limitation i dont even fking understand, why would they have that? anyway it died 19 times on me so i finally caved in and bought a new computer and boy oh boy does it make a difference, its a whole new world ffs. wow, cant believe i refused to get a new one for that long for no real reason other than that i could work around it kind of thing

dnbsoldier87

got 1 gig of ram and 2 gig processor... and i resampled everything in that track i was making... dont usually resample but was giving it a go, then it fucked up on me :-x hmmm probs save the pennies n try get more ram

Top Bottom